"Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco" Top 5 Page for this destination Marsaxlokk by tophat30
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide: 135 reviews and 379 photos
Marsaxlokk is the second largest natural harbour in Malta ( comes second after the Valletta Harbour ).Still one of the most pictoresque villages in Malta.Best place to see the traditional fishing boats - the Luzzus. The Sunday fish market will give you an idea of our local life and traditional industry. Check my Marsaxlokk tips to read more about the village Church, the tradition of the "Eye of Osiris", Fort San Lucjan and more.
Many Luzzus have the 'Eye of Osiris' painted or carved on the bow, a symbol brought to Malta by the Phoenicians . This... more travel advice
Those olive containers hanged outside this house with the two syllable word 'Gambli' painted on them means all this:... more travel advice
tophat30's Related Pages
Marsaxlokk Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marsaxlokk – boats, fish, sun, fun"
- "Marsaxlokk - Home of the colourful luzzu boats"
- "Marsaxlokk - Port Scirocco"
- "Malta's largest fishing village"
- "My favourite place in Malta"
- "Nice little Fishing Village"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsaxlokk
- Hotels in Marsaxlokk
- Transportation in Marsaxlokk
- Restaurants in Marsaxlokk
- Shopping in Marsaxlokk
- Warnings and Dangers in Marsaxlokk
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsaxlokk
- 9 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Marsaxlokk?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsaxlokk
Photos in MarsaxlokkSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Malta Intro, 37 reviews, 99 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Vittoriosa Intro, 19 reviews, 59 photos, 1 travelogue
- Valletta Intro, 13 reviews, 50 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Marsaxlokk Intro, 9 reviews, 31 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mdina Intro, 13 reviews, 27 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Mosta Intro, 12 reviews, 26 photos
- Rabat Intro, 7 reviews, 26 photos
- Gozo Intro, 10 reviews, 21 photos
- Prague Intro, 9 reviews, 11 photos
- Singapore Intro, 7 reviews, 10 photos