"The Venice of the West!" Carrick on Shannon by cimc
Carrick on Shannon Travel Guide: 6 reviews and 16 photos
I would advise anybody who wants to get a real experience of Ireland to go to Carrick on Shannon. To be sure, it is a small place but it is the perfect place to see what a modern Irish country town is like. Once the poorest place in Ireland it is now full of life and confidence.
A Letrim man once said to me-"In Letrim you don't buy land by the acre, you buy it by the litre". So Carrick is a very wet place. But the Shannon also provides watersports and contrubutes to the natural beauty of the place.
Go on a weekend. There are plenty of pubs and restaurants but only one nightclub-The infamous Cartown. Lots of people (including the President of Ireland) have holiday homes here or use it as a base to take boat trips on The Shannon.
cimc's Related Pages
Carrick on Shannon Travel Guide
- Things to Do in Carrick on Shannon
- Hotels in Carrick on Shannon
- Transportation in Carrick on Shannon
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Carrick on Shannon
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Carrick on Shannon?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Carrick on Shannon
Top 5 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Berlin 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 2 photos