"Paris-my working holidays" Paris by cimc
Paris Travel Guide: 22,631 reviews and 55,568 photos
Ithink it would be awful to be a Parisian. As you try to go about your daily business hordes of tourists are clogging up the entrance to the metro trying to figure out how it works and grabbing you on the street demanding in English how to get to the Eiffel Tower. Bearing the daily inconvenience that tourists give to Parisians I think that they take it rather well. I spent two summers working in Paris and have been back a couple of times since- the city is just addictive. My number one tip for going to Paris is to learn at least 3 phrases in French. Oh and if your waitress happens to be Irish accept the fact and speak to her in English. My number two tip about Paris (as you can see these are mainly personal gripes) is that despite what your guide book says French people DO tip, normally between 10 and 15%. The IVA on your bill is the tax.
cimc's Related Pages
Paris Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Perambulations in Paris!"
- "My Paris: not only operas and bicycles . . ."
- "London is a riddle. Paris is an explanation."
- "Three plus one of the best museums in the world."
- "Paris - Over 40 years of love and hate."
- "Beatchick's Paris Adventure!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Paris
- Hotels in Paris
- Transportation in Paris
- Nightlife in Paris
- Restaurants in Paris
- Shopping in Paris
- Warnings and Dangers in Paris
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Paris
- 1 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 4 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Paris?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Paris
Top 5 Pages
- Dublin Intro, 12 reviews, 11 photos
- Madrid Intro, 6 reviews, 4 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Salvador Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Berlin 2 reviews, 2 photos
- Budapest Intro, 1 review, 2 photos