" A majority Muslim city " Novi Pazar by McCoq
Novi Pazar Travel Guide: 25 reviews and 47 photos
Located in south Serbia, near Kosovo, sit among low hills where river Raska has it confluence with the Ljudska.
If you arrbe here from the north you will notice how different it seems from simlar-sized towns you could have seen before in Serbia. Out of Kosovo, it has the most pronunced Muslim atmosphere in the country. But here people is not albanian, they are Serbs who converted to Islam centuries ago. It is not just the visible backdrop of mosques, tea houses and narrow bazaar streets (Novi Pazar means New Bazaar) that define this islamic character, is also the way they carry out their daily life
In some ways this is one of the most interesting towns in Serbia.
Facade of the Hammam (Turkish Baths)
Men and women seems to live more separete existences here. There is plenty of coffee houses full of men drinkng in small... more travel advice
If you don't have your own way of transport, the best way to arrive to Novi Pazar is the bus, cause there isn't train... more travel advice
McCoq's Related Pages
Novi Pazar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- " A majority Muslim city "
- "Novi Pazar"
- "bella Novi Pazar Page"
- "zulfikar's new Novi Pazar Page"
- "Welcome to Novi Pazar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Novi Pazar
- Hotels in Novi Pazar
- Transportation in Novi Pazar
- Restaurants in Novi Pazar
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Novi Pazar
- 14 Reviews
- 18 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 4 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (6)
Have you been to Novi Pazar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Novi Pazar
Photos in Novi PazarSee All Photos (18)
Top 10 Pages
- Novi Pazar Intro, 14 reviews, 18 photos
- Novi Sad Intro, 9 reviews, 21 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Uzice Intro, 12 reviews, 18 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Subotica Intro, 14 reviews, 15 photos
- Argentona Intro, 8 reviews, 13 photos
- Collioure Intro, 4 reviews, 9 photos
- Barcelona Intro, 3 reviews, 9 photos
- Bratislava Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Bamako Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Djenne Intro, 1 review, 6 photos