"True Transylvania" Sighisoara by JohnniOmani
Sighisoara Travel Guide: 397 reviews and 1,090 photos
Sighisoara is dominated by an ancient fortress as well as dozens of needle spires and it seems fitting that vlad tepes aka dracula was born in this lovely town. I immediately fell in love with the place because of the look of the old town with its 14th century squares and spires and atmosphere. I visited during a major cultural festival which included dancers from around Eastern Europe showcasing their talents from acoustic guitars to line dancing to polkas from Poland. Sighisoara is a fantastic place to relax and see the real transylvania. It was a true highlight of Transylvania and I highly recommend it to any person that wants to see medieval squares and churches. Great stuff.
Most tourists head straight for Piata Setatii which is the old heart of the city. The area had markets, craft fairs, public executions, impalings as well as witch trials. It is a really beautiful area but my favorite thing about Sighisoara was not the square with its history but the winding lanes that lead off the square in all directions. The city has ancient grave yards, gorgeous homes and lovely gardens. The whole atmosphere of cobbled alleyways and red topped homes is almost magical and it was the only time I really felt like I was in proper Transylvania. The old town and its winding alleys is something out of a storybook and I highly recommend getting lost in its charming old quarters.
- Pros:Old quarter, medieval vibe and fantastic food/drink
- Cons:A bit crowded but understandable
- In a nutshell:My favorite place in Romania
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Sighisoara Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE MOST BEAUTIFULL TOWN IN ROMANIA"
- "Sigishoara - Medieval pearl of Transylvania"
- "Sighişoara: "Dracula's" home town"
- "Dracula's True Birthplace"
- "Sighisoara-an UNESCO World Heritage site"
- "Sighisoara - Doesn't need to rely on Dracula"
- "Sighisoara - Schaessburg - Segesvar"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Sighisoara
- Hotels in Sighisoara
- Transportation in Sighisoara
- Nightlife in Sighisoara
- Restaurants in Sighisoara
- Shopping in Sighisoara
- Warnings and Dangers in Sighisoara
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Sighisoara
- 1 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Sighisoara?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Sighisoara
Photos in SighisoaraSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos
FriendsSee All Friends (8)
Latest Sighisoara hotel reviews
- Hotel Binder Bubi
- 57 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Dec 5, 2013
- Gia Hostel
- 11 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 9, 2013
- Casa Wagner
- 90 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 19, 2013
- Nathans Villa Sighisoara
- 5 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jul 4, 2012
- Burg Hostel
- 12 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 22, 2013
- 82 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 18, 2013
- Legend House
- 33 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Sep 2, 2013
- Hotel Restaurant Europa 2000
- 3 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Jun 28, 2009