"The Ultimate" Mount Everest by JohnniOmani
Mount Everest Travel Guide: 41 reviews and 184 photos
Mt. Everest aka Mt. Quomolongma - means "The Third Goddess" in Tibetan. During my several visits to the Himalayan region I have learned about several stories surrounding the mountain from some of my good Nepalese friends. They told me that during ancient times there was a sea in this region and that a group of devils came and destroyed everything. Apparently the wind brought 5 colorful clouds from heaven. The clouds were 5 goddesses. They battled with the devils and locked the devils under the snow mountains. People hoped the goddesses would protect the Earth and the Goddesses agreed and they made the forests, the farm fields and beautiful views. Eventually, they turned into 5 high peaks. The Third Goddess was the tallest and bravest and it later became known as Mt. Quomolongma. The Tibetans therefore have a huge and deep respect for the mountain that goes beyond what most cultures have with their surroundings. Everest is respected by the Nepalese as well making it a wonder of the world that plays a vital spiritual role in the lives of so many people that make their home near and around the Rooftop of the World.
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Mount Everest Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The BIG one - Qomolangma, Sagarmatha or Mt.Everest"
- "Everest base camp"
- "Mount Everest & Surroundings From The Air"
- "Have you ever been on top of the World?"
- "Why not!?!"
- "Everest - the easy way"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Mount Everest
- Hotels in Mount Everest
- Transportation in Mount Everest
- Warnings and Dangers in Mount Everest
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Mount Everest
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Mount Everest?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Mount Everest
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos