"Libreville: My Old Home" Libreville by JohnniOmani
Libreville Travel Guide: 11 reviews and 16 photos
Libreville is a city of contrasts that will likely give you the feeling that you have arrived in the Heart of Africa from the so called International airport to the shacks that are only a stone throw away from the main avenue. Cafes and hole in the wall pubs line every avenue and Gabonese know exactly how to relax, take life slow and enjoy an ice cold refreshment. The city often gets overlooked by most foreigners on their way to other destinations such as Cameroon or Equatorial Guinea. It is a mistake because Libreville does have some really modest funky things for travellers to do from practicing French with some locals to some really diverse dining across the city. The restaurants range from Korean to Lebanese to Chinese with the Lebanese expats dominating the local economy. Libreville has a nice waterfront with some interesting statues dedicated to its history and slavery. Gabon enjoys relative wealth compared to its neighbours thanks in part to its oil and gas reserves but corruption is rampant making most of the population lived in poverty. It is not uncommon to see Hummers next to beggars but that is par for the course in a capital city in West Africa. Libreville is my new home and it is a pleasure to get to know this unknown city in Central Africa.
The Bord De Mer waterfront runs from the Embassy district to the Quarter Louis where most of the restaurants are located... more travel advice
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Libreville Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Libreville: My Old Home"
- "Two unlucky days in Libreville.."
- "My transit Stop"
- "an innocent capital"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Libreville
- Hotels in Libreville
- Transportation in Libreville
- Restaurants in Libreville
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Libreville
- 3 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Libreville?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Libreville
Photos in LibrevilleSee All Photos (2)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos