"Bahla" Bahla' by JohnniOmani
Bahla' Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 22 photos
Historians say Bahla is famous for its fort and locals say it is famous for evil spirits. These devilishly spirits have been blamed for evil activities but you are unlikely to encounter them unless you are fluent in Arabic but hey remain a part of Omani folklore. Bahla has an amazing set of battlements that are very impressive not to mention the UNESCO World Heritage fort. The souq is small but active and this is a great place to spend a day. The Jabrin fort is stunning and is one of the best preserved in the country.
UNESCO is currently restoring the Jabrin fort and although it is the major attraction in Bahla, this vilage has a lot to offer for such a small place. The place is loaded with small attractive mosques and deserves more than an hour. A full day could easily be spent in the souq, forts and surrounding area.
- Pros:Fort, souq,people and mountains
- Cons:Not accessible by public transport
- In a nutshell:Worth a look
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Bahla' Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bahla - The Pottery Town of Oman"
- "Bahla - Oasis of the Djinn"
- "Bahla Fort"
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Bahla'
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bahla'?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bahla'
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos