"Kashan" Top 5 Page for this destination Kashan by JohnniOmani
Kashan Travel Guide: 63 reviews and 281 photos
Kashan and its surroundings have been home to human settlements since at least the 4th millenium BC. However, much of what is known as Kashan's history is interwoven with legend and mystery. What is known that Kashan was destroyed at least twice by invading armies. The city walls were rebuilt during the Seljuk period (900 years ago). Some of the most impressive surviving architecture is from the Qajar era, when the mansions of the rich and powerful were embellished with incredible coloured glass and windtowers. Spend a couple of days wandering through the bazaar and history of the place and it is easy to see why most Iranians choose this lovely city as a nice get away from the work place. While hostels are limited you need a good excuse for skipping Kashan-it just might well be one of the unexpected highlights of your Iranian trip.
- Pros:Traditonal Homes
- Cons:Lack of Buses
- In a nutshell:Good Stopover
It has a reputation for being the best place to eat in town. It has the most extensive menu in Iran and it would take... more travel advice
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Kashan Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "KASHAN, A CITY AT THE CENTER OF IRAN"
- "Kashan, My trip to 8000 years ago"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kashan
- Hotels in Kashan
- Transportation in Kashan
- Restaurants in Kashan
- Shopping in Kashan
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kashan
- 3 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Kashan?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kashan
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos