"Kharanaq - a window into the past" Kharanaq by JohnniOmani
Kharanaq Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 61 photos
The virtually deserted and crumbling village on the side of a hill about 85km north of Yazd, is a captivating place to wander around. Parts are believed to be over a 1000 years old, and it's been occupied in some form for more than 4000 years. The Qajar era mosque, 17th century shaking minaret and caravanserai on the edge of town are highlights. It was a great day trip from Yazd and the surrounding mountains views were stunning.
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Kharanaq Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE ANCIENT CHARM OF KHARANAQ"
- "Kharanaq - a window into the past"
- "Kharanaq in Pictures"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kharanaq
- Hotels in Kharanaq
- Transportation in Kharanaq
- Restaurants in Kharanaq
- Warnings and Dangers in Kharanaq
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kharanaq
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (17)
Have you been to Kharanaq?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kharanaq
Photos in KharanaqSee All Photos (1)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos