"Kazbegi: great place to get away from it all :)" Top 5 Page for this destination Kazbegi by JohnniOmani
Kazbegi Travel Guide: 84 reviews and 303 photos
Kazbegi is a beautiful town near the Russian border. Many travellers head to this town to see the beautiful mountains and the famous church that has become a symbol of Georgia. The town has a lot to offer with regards to trekking but getting there is one of the most exciting and fun things you can do. The jeep or mini bus ride to this remote location takes you through some jaw dropping areas and after nearly falling off over the cliffs (the roads is a bit shocking in areas) you will be rewarded with some great views including the 5000 M Mt. Kazbek. It is a sleepy town with a Russian vibe but it is a classical Georgian mountain town and it is very accessible from Tbilisi. Kazbegi is well worth the effort and it is a highlight of Georgia. Great fun :)
The 14th century Holy Trinity church overlooks the town and it has become a national symbol and the church is probably one of the images most people associate with the region. It takes about an hour to reach the place but it is well worth the effort because the views from the mountain are stunning. The church is well maintained and there are even some areas where you can sit down and take a break. The edge of the mountain overlooking the town is a great place to have a picnic and I found it difficult to leave this beautiful place. Two or three hours can easily spent here relaxing and watching birds. Loved it :)
Maps of the village are hard to come by and trying to follow directions based on a guide book are not always easy to do but I found this map online. I am not sure where I found it because I found it months ago in the planning stages for my Georgia trip. The map has everything you could ask for and easy to follow. I hope this helps because it helped me a lot :) Self explanatory.
- Pros:Views, trekking and clean air
- Cons:Russian men, lack of restaurants
- In a nutshell:great time
Vanos place is pretty basic and I heard it is quite a popular place on the backpacker trail so I decided to give it is a... more travel advice
Kazbegi is next to the Russian border so you need to be careful while trekking in the area due to a slight military... more travel advice
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Kazbegi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Greater Caucasus, home of Prometheus."
- "Kazbegi: great place to get away from it all :)"
- "Marvelous Kazbegi"
- "Kazbegi 2001 & 2005"
- "A Land of the Titans"
- "Kazebegi in the caucasus"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kazbegi
- Hotels in Kazbegi
- Transportation in Kazbegi
- Nightlife in Kazbegi
- Restaurants in Kazbegi
- Shopping in Kazbegi
- Warnings and Dangers in Kazbegi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Kazbegi
- 8 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Kazbegi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kazbegi
- Posted in Travel Forum "Mozambique Weather??"
- updated a Kazbegi Travel Page "Kazbegi: great place to get away from it all :)"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Kazbegi: great place to get away from it all :)"
- Wrote a Review Boots and Blankets in Kazbegi What to Pack
- Commented on one of maykal's Kazbegi travel pages
Photos in KazbegiSee All Photos (4)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos