"Tbilisi" T'bilisi by JohnniOmani
T'bilisi Travel Guide: 481 reviews and 1,514 photos
Mountains, churches, cathedrals, mosques, cracked roads, power cuts, great local people, posh shops, ancient history and recent crime waves all make up the odd by fantastic city of Tbilisi. The capital has a wonderful setting and it is striking in an appealing and poverty stricken way. The vibe is undeniable as most young people walk down the street trying to look as though they are in Paris or Italy while beggers and the poor folk sit in the rain on the side of the road asking for money. Bread shops are on every corner and they are only outdone by the wee shops that sell a dozen different kinds of beer. Russian cars battle it out with soviet buses for space on the roads while each street has a few old crumbling yet attractive buildings from the Soviet times. Tbilisi is a typical city in post soviet era because it moves ahead with caution. Caution that stems from its chaotic past of crime waves and chronic power cuts and despite suffering from the latter, Tbilisi is an enjoyable city and it provides a great glimpse into a country struggling for security and stability.
After several nights in Sighnagi I travelled back to Tbilisi for an additional two nights and my Israeli friends... more travel advice
Tbilisi has three long distance bus stations Didube is for national transport ie Mtskheta, Kazbegi, Gori, Tskhinvali,... more travel advice
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
T'bilisi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A few quiet days in Tbilisi"
- "Tbilisi -- City that Gets Better Every Day"
- "Tbilisi, Georgia"
- "where east meets west"
- "around the old town"
- "charmed by Tbilisi...."
- See All...
- Things to Do in T'bilisi
- Hotels in T'bilisi
- Transportation in T'bilisi
- Nightlife in T'bilisi
- Restaurants in T'bilisi
- Shopping in T'bilisi
- Warnings and Dangers in T'bilisi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in T'bilisi
- 7 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to T'bilisi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in T'bilisi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos