"Geghard Monastery: Fantastic Location" Geghard by JohnniOmani
Geghard Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 22 photos
Geghard was named after the holy lance that pierced Christs side at the crucifixion. Eventhough it was named after the lance, the lance itself is kept in the vault which you can view in Echmiadzin. Geghard has an incredible feel to it because of its great architecture. The cave church and monastery have to be seen to be believed. The cave churches are dated from the 13th centuries and the chapels are breathtaking. I found the acoustics to be incredibly clear and the day I visited, a local choir consisting of one man and three women were singing songs that are not easily described in one sentence. Their voices belted out throughout the complex and it was a very memorable 25 minutes. Geghard is a fantastic example of medieval Armenian architecture.
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Geghard Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Geghard Monastery"
- "One of the monastery options"
- "Geghard Monastery: Fantastic Location"
- "Geghard Travel - 2000. 2006 and 2007"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Geghard
- 0 Reviews
- 1 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (18)
Have you been to Geghard?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Geghard
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos