"Home for Year" Marsh Harbour by JohnniOmani
Marsh Harbour Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 7 photos
I still live here despite what the title may say but I figure put Bahamas because nobody has a clue where Marsh Harbour is . . just like Ibra, Oman . . . .
The Abacos is knowng for its great sailing and stunning beaches and locals and expats live together in gingerbread type houses painted in pastel colors. The streets and avenues are lined with gardens and hedges which keeps evenings quiet and peaceful. Marsh Harbour is the largest settlement in the Abacos and the town is much bigger than people or books are willing to admit making it a natural base to jump from when diving, yachting or fishing. The town has worked hard to jump start itself and the town has a lot of expats from the US, Canada and the UK. The town relies heavily on fishing, boat building and more recently tourism. Despite some major hurricanes in the past five years, Marsh Harbour is a pleasant place to spend some time.
Marsh Harbour is described as a hardworking town that depends on fishing and tourism. There are amazing beaches nearby such as turtle key or in Hope town but after exploring the town and surrounding areas I stumbled upon a few hidden unused beaches that suit my needs perfectly. The beaches are only small (maybe 30 feet long and 10 feet wide) but you can enjoy them all to yourself. This beach is only a 15 min walk from my apartment making is accessible during the day or after work. Marsh Harbour has some hidden gems.
Jamies place is a very quiet and clean place not 3 minutes from my apartment. The people working there are very friendly... more travel advice
Curlytails is well known to any expat or yachty because it is perfectly located next to the docks. Curlytails is one of... more travel advice
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Marsh Harbour Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Home for Year"
- "Abaco bahamas...only for boaters"
- "Abaco Bahamas"
- "travel to Marsh harbor"
- "MARSH HARBOUR"
- "Sailing through the Bahamas"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Marsh Harbour
- Hotels in Marsh Harbour
- Nightlife in Marsh Harbour
- Restaurants in Marsh Harbour
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Marsh Harbour
- 4 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Marsh Harbour?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Marsh Harbour
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos