"Rawalpindi" Rawalpindi by JohnniOmani
Rawalpindi Travel Guide: 28 reviews and 28 photos
The city grew from a backwater village to a sprawling hub on the Grand Trunk Road during the 1800s. Pindi is a typical subcontinent city with pollution, bazaars, cheap hotels, richshaws and thousands of shops. The city centre is bordered by Murree Rd and the Mall. Pindi is a good place to base yourself due to its a transport hub to almost every place in Pakistan. Overall, I dont have much to say about Pindi and despite having nice/cheap restaurants and hotels Pindi was a major disappointment. It is worth checking out but only for a day maximum.
This busy bazaar is a true indication of people and merchandise spreading in every direction from Fowara Chowk. You could spend hours exploring the colorful crowded streets and buy anything from batteries to a new set of teeth. Dotted around are crumbling stone towers marking Hindu Temples, Just beyond Rajah Bazaar on the Railway Workshop Rd are rows of workshops where you can watch trucks being painted and designed. The local boys and men are extremely proud of their work and they will pose for photos. Good fun.
This armaments museum has various galleries devoted to the war from prehistoric times to modern conflicts. You cant miss the building as it has tanks and bombs out front and it is near the Pearl Continental hotel. It has some interesing gallery containing rocket launchers to sub machine guns used during all the wars of the 20th century. The army takes great pride in the museum and it is well run and clean. The local staff are friendly and it gives great insight into the countrys military.
JohnniOmani's Related Pages
Rawalpindi Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Twin Cities of Rwalpindi - Islamabad"
- "Rawalpindi, Pakistan"
- "Family visit"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Rawalpindi
- Hotels in Rawalpindi
- Transportation in Rawalpindi
- Nightlife in Rawalpindi
- Restaurants in Rawalpindi
- Shopping in Rawalpindi
- Warnings and Dangers in Rawalpindi
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Rawalpindi
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Rawalpindi?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Rawalpindi
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Oman Intro, 54 reviews, 15 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Yemen Intro, 28 reviews, 13 photos
- New York City Intro, 18 reviews, 17 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Georgia Intro, 22 reviews, 6 photos
- Tehran Intro, 18 reviews, 9 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Middle East Intro, 18 reviews, 8 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pakistan Intro, 21 reviews, 5 photos
- Iran Intro, 18 reviews, 5 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rio de Janeiro Intro, 14 reviews, 7 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Peshawar Intro, 13 reviews, 6 photos