"I love Paris in the -- all the time!" Psus's Profile

Finally got my husband to travel with me!

Last April/May Dwayne and I went to Venice, Barcelona & Paris.

Stayed with great friends from home in Pofabro, an ancient town in northeast Italy, of about 200 population (if everyone were home. I think I saw 10 people tops), only a day in Venice, unfortunately, (got caught in a train strike trying to get back) and Slovenia (for a fabulous fish lunch with their Italian cousins, what a day!)

The two of us traveled on to Barcelona. What a beautiful, casual and relaxed atmosphere. Picasso museum was great. Sagrada Familia was beautiful. Since it's been under construction for about 100 years, I'd love to see it in another 30. I wonder if it will be completed.
Loved the Gaudi architecture.

Ended up in my favorite Paris. Enjoyed showing my husband around. Hiked to the top of Notre Dame and Arc du Triomphe for the first time. Great views. Stayed in the Louvre until we were brain dead. Loved the top floor of D'Orsay. Had a wonderful vacation talking pictures of this beaufitul city.
(Even in Sacre Coeur where I hear you're not supposed to. We went about 10:00 pm on Saturday night, in the rain, and the nuns were singing a mass. The sound was incredible. I didn't use a flash, so maybe nobody expected someone to be sitting there during a service taking pictures.)

We are returning to Paris, leaving LAX on May 31, 05. Can't wait!

• Intro Written May 18, 2005

Comments

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!

Psus

“Life is best when shared with friends.”

This member has not been ranked.
No VT rank yet.