"Happy Traveller" taurean_traveller's Profile

Beautiful places

It is later on in my ""older"" age that I have stretched my travelling experience.
Coming from a family of sea farers it has been no suprise to me that travelling has become my addiction.
From mid USA to the Far East Asia and Eastern Russia I have been made so welcome and equally have made visitors welcome to this lovely green country of England.
Shamefully there are still places in UK that I have never visited and hope to put that right in my retirement.
I will confess to having an afffinity to people from Eastern Europe.

Package holidays vs Direct

So much to be said for going alone holidays.However lots to be said for package.
Having endured overnight trains to the Crimea we came upon the beautiful resort of Novey Svit and it made all the travelling worthwhile.
Yet when I have a package to any of the small Greek islands I have the same feeling.
I guess it's all down to beauty

Holiday of a lifetime

Upon my retirement from the daily grind in April 2009 I decided that we would have the holiday of a lifetime.
My dear wife had originally suggested a cruise,but when I suggested a Safari/Beach holiday she said there was no choice!!
It was not so much a holiday more of a lifetime experience.
Every thing we wanted to see we saw.
Amazing.
Something that will stay in my mind forever

Short trip to Budapest

Loved Prague,and had passed through Budapest many times.
Thanks to Ryanair's very very cheap tickets we decided to try and loved it.Lady in a Lace shop decided to take a chance and pose with me

Crimea

I loved the Crimea but unfortunately has become very expensive (more so than some places in Western Europe).people tell me that it's because the rich Russians love the area so locals up the price. I love the national costume so here is a young lady who agreed to be photographed

Away from it all

Love the countryside so when we visited Ukraine for a family holiday we spent a couple of days in their Dacha away from humdrum city life.Extremely basic no mod cons but wonderful air and just pure relaxation and a taste of "The Good Life"

• Intro Updated Nov 7, 2012

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!