"Happy Traveller" taurean_traveller's Profile
It is later on in my ""older"" age that I have stretched my travelling experience.
Coming from a family of sea farers it has been no suprise to me that travelling has become my addiction.
From mid USA to the Far East Asia and Eastern Russia I have been made so welcome and equally have made visitors welcome to this lovely green country of England.
Shamefully there are still places in UK that I have never visited and hope to put that right in my retirement.
I will confess to having an afffinity to people from Eastern Europe.
So much to be said for going alone holidays.However lots to be said for package.
Having endured overnight trains to the Crimea we came upon the beautiful resort of Novey Svit and it made all the travelling worthwhile.
Yet when I have a package to any of the small Greek islands I have the same feeling.
I guess it's all down to beauty
Upon my retirement from the daily grind in April 2009 I decided that we would have the holiday of a lifetime.
My dear wife had originally suggested a cruise,but when I suggested a Safari/Beach holiday she said there was no choice!!
It was not so much a holiday more of a lifetime experience.
Every thing we wanted to see we saw.
Something that will stay in my mind forever
Loved Prague,and had passed through Budapest many times.
Thanks to Ryanair's very very cheap tickets we decided to try and loved it.Lady in a Lace shop decided to take a chance and pose with me
I loved the Crimea but unfortunately has become very expensive (more so than some places in Western Europe).people tell me that it's because the rich Russians love the area so locals up the price. I love the national costume so here is a young lady who agreed to be photographed
Top Travel Pages
Explore the World
- Cook Forest State Park Hotels
- Toronto Hotels
- East Nashville Hotels
- Malgrat de Mar
- Talamban Hotels
- Ghana Hotels
- Sydney Hotels
- Catawba Island Hotels
- Ichetucknee Springs State Park Hotels
- Guyana Hotels
- Cebu City
- Palma de Mallorca
- La Spezia
- Kolkata (Calcutta) Hotels
- Laoag City
- Marigondon Hotels
- Puerto Rico Hotels
- James Island Hotels
Share your travels with the world!Join Now!
Badges & Stats
- 2 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 2 Countries
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (22)
- Posted in Travel Heathrow Forum "Re: Check in night before?"
- taurean_traveller and Minceta are now friends.
- Commented on mccalpin's profile page
- Commented on the London Favorites travel guide
- updated a Italy Travel Page "Santarcangelo di Romagna"
updated their Profile Page "Happy Traveller"
- Uploaded a Photo to "Happy Traveller"
- Wrote a Review Pick Up late at night in Stansted Warnings and Dangers
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
- Paris Hotels
- 22488 Reviews - 55061 Photos
- Fort Lauderdale Hotels
- 659 Reviews - 1389 Photos
- Dubai Hotels
- 2702 Reviews - 7927 Photos
- London Hotels
- 23330 Reviews - 48936 Photos
- New York City Hotels
- 15643 Reviews - 31276 Photos
- Manila Hotels
- 2029 Reviews - 4971 Photos
- Baguio Hotels
- 328 Reviews - 894 Photos
- Cancún Hotels
- 1933 Reviews - 3724 Photos
- Orlando Hotels
- 3099 Reviews - 5883 Photos
- Punta Cana Hotels
- 422 Reviews - 1020 Photos
- Playa del Carmen Hotels
- 781 Reviews - 1749 Photos
- Goa Hotels
- 2059 Reviews - 3877 Photos
- Bangkok Hotels
- 10315 Reviews - 22906 Photos
- Rome Hotels
- 12024 Reviews - 26769 Photos
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos