"Strategic Air and Space Museum" Ashland by OnTheSiouxFallsSub
Ashland Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 34 photos
Located in the rolling plains between Omaha and Lincoln, sits one of the largest aviation museums in the country. The strategic Air and Space Museum houses numerous aircraft from WW 2 up to the modern era. Notable aircraft include: a B-1 Lancer, a B-52, a B-47, a B-36, an F-86H Sabre, a C47 and many more They also have a nice collection of missiles and their control systems along with various satelites. The main attraction that you see you walk in the door is the large SR-71 Blackbird mounted on columns in the front lobby. The lobby itself is cool, it has massive glass windows surrounding the SR-71. The museum is located near Interstate 80, off exit 426.
See website for more info
There are 2 large display hangers and a restoration hanger between the two.
- Pros:Nice Air Museum
OnTheSiouxFallsSub's Related Pages
Ashland Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "THE PERFECT LOCATION? MAYBE SO"
- "Basaic Ashland Page"
- "Strategic Air and Space Museum"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Ashland
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (5)
Have you been to Ashland?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Ashland
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Sioux Falls Intro, 17 reviews, 38 photos
- Pipestone Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dubuque Intro, 3 reviews, 5 photos
- Dell Rapids Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Lincoln Intro, 1 review, 6 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Rochester Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Saint Paul Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Bellevue Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Galesburg Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Jasper Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
No friends yet.