"Historic Alba Iulia" Alba Iulia by larigot
Alba Iulia Travel Guide: 52 reviews and 247 photos
I had the privilege of spending several days in Alba Iulia, and played an organ recital on the instrument in the Roman Catholic Cathedral of St. Michael. It is a fascinating city, with a handsome historic citadel - in this setting are two of the city's cathedrals, and a
library with a number of rare manuscripts. True enough, Ceaucescu managed to destory a bit of the city, but two significant buildings which escaped intact are a charming old Roman Catholic church, and a gracious synagogue.
VT member Dunmaire and her family were my gracious hosts during my visit in Alba Iulia.
A cow strolling along a street in Alba Iulia, on her way home from grazing in a grassy area of the city.
- Pros:Many historic buildings in a handsome setting
- In a nutshell:Worth a stop while in Transylvania
This is a fine place to enjoy Italian specialities in a most attractive setting. The pizza and pasta selections were... more travel advice
larigot's Related Pages
Alba Iulia Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Citadels, tunnels and cathedrals"
- "ALBA IULIA"
- "Alba Iulia-Tourist attractions"
- "Alba Iulia"
- "Alba Iulia: Old Transylvanian Capital"
- "Historic Alba Iulia"
- "Journey to Transylvania"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alba Iulia
- Hotels in Alba Iulia
- Transportation in Alba Iulia
- Nightlife in Alba Iulia
- Restaurants in Alba Iulia
- Warnings and Dangers in Alba Iulia
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Alba Iulia
- 2 Reviews
- 5 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Alba Iulia?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alba Iulia
Photos in Alba IuliaSee All Photos (5)
Top 10 Pages
- Budapest Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Lviv Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Ulm Intro, 4 reviews, 4 photos
- Alba Iulia Intro, 2 reviews, 5 photos
- Passau Intro, 1 review, 5 photos
- New York City Intro, 3 reviews, 2 photos
- Vienna Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 1 review, 2 photos
- Tampa Intro, 3 photos
- Leipzig Intro, 1 review, 2 photos