"Convenient Keystone" Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone by tarced
Keystone Travel Guide: 23 reviews and 45 photos
Keystone is the small and very touristy town that is close to Mt. Rushmore. It's very convenient for going to the monument and there are quite a few things to do in this small town. The 1880 train leaves from here (and Hill City), the Big Thunder Gold Mine is here as is the Alpine Slide, and Mt. Rushmore is a short drive away. I would highly recommend staying here for at least one night for the sheer convenience of these attractions. There are tons of touristy shops that I would take care to avoid at all costs - but I'm sure others would enjoy them.
Jewel Cave's scenic tour is well worth the time if you happen to be in the area for more than two days. The tour is... more travel advice
The Mammoth Site is amazing. As of our visit, the volunteer paleontologists had discovered 54 mammoths. It is an active... more travel advice
tarced's Related Pages
Keystone Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Convenient Keystone"
- "Mt. Rushmore, Custer and the Badlands, SD 2004"
- "President's Alpine Slide"
- "WFTR's new Keystone Page"
- "Keystone Fire destroyes half of main tourist area"
- "Keystone...Crazy Horse and Mt. Rushmore"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Keystone
- 8 Reviews
- 9 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to Keystone?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Keystone
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- South Dakota Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- De Smet Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Marrakesh 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Michigan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.