"De Smet, SD - Last Home of the Ingalls Family" De Smet by tarced
De Smet Travel Guide: 13 reviews and 16 photos
De Smet is a typical small town whose first residents happen to be well known through the Laura Ingalls Wilder series. The town's residents are proud of this history and are happy to share information about the many sites. The Ingalls family's homestead is there along with the surveyors' house (where they lived for the first winter they were in De Smet), a replica of the Brewster School, as well as Loftus's store, the Ingalls home (after Laura moved out), and the cemetery where all of them except Laura are buried.
This store is worth a look since it is in the original location of the Loftus Store that was written about in Laura... more travel advice
In the one room school house (across the street from the Surveyors' House) are a lot of activities geared toward... more travel advice
tarced's Related Pages
De Smet Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "De Smet, SD - Last Home of the Ingalls Family"
- "Little Town on the Prairie"
- "Basaic De Smet Page"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in De Smet
- 8 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (3)
Have you been to De Smet?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in De Smet
Photos in De SmetSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- San Francisco Intro, 13 reviews, 14 photos
- South Dakota Intro, 10 reviews, 14 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Keystone Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- De Smet Intro, 8 reviews, 8 photos
- Paris Intro, 4 reviews, 8 photos
- Mackinac Island Intro, 4 reviews, 6 photos
- London Intro, 4 reviews, 5 photos
- Marrakesh 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Saint Louis Intro, 3 reviews, 4 photos
- Michigan Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
No friends yet.