"Lom - the main gate to the Jotunheimen Mountains" Lom by xantylaol
Lom Travel Guide: 18 reviews and 56 photos
Lom lies at a trafficjunction where much of the traffic headed for the Jotunheimen mountains comes thru. The area surrounding Lom stretches for many miles in each direction and is characterized by wild nature, wild animals, very good extreme sports opportunities, good fishing grounds, horseriding, trekking and hiking, glacierwalking, camping, wining and dining at good restaurants and many other things.
If you like nature, fresh air, good restaurants, variety in the types of activities you can engage in in wilderness - you should come and visit. Lom is the gateway to some of my favourite areas in Norway!
There's plenty of mountains to climb in Norway, and in Jotunheimen especially so. During summer there's also a few summer ski resorts that are open. In Jotunheimen one is next to Juvasshytta and the other is in Stryn which is a couple of hours away with car or bus.
Hiking routes are all over the place and lodges, hotels and restaurants are plentyful all over the place.
Check out these sites for mountain hiking:
- Pros:My favourite area in Norway
- Cons:Just don't tell anybody about this place - wanna keep it as pristine and unspoiled as possible
- In a nutshell:This is a truly beautiful area - help keep it nice if you ever go here
Fossheim Steinsenter is a shop and a kind of museum where you can buy rocks and stones that are in their natural state... more travel advice
Bøvertun offers different standards of accomodation from basic rooms and camping grounds to the more exclusive... more travel advice
xantylaol's Related Pages
Lom Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Lom - the main gate to the Jotunheimen Mountains"
- "A small Norwegian town, with lots to see and do!!"
- "WELCOME TO MY LOM PAGE ......:-)"
- "Lom - the gateway to the highest mountains"
- "LOM Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Lom
- Hotels in Lom
- Transportation in Lom
- Restaurants in Lom
- Shopping in Lom
- Warnings and Dangers in Lom
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Lom
- 10 Reviews
- 28 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Lom?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Lom
Photos in LomSee All Photos (28)
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 61 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lom Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montevideo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Natal Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kiruna Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos