"Alta" Alta by xantylaol
Alta Travel Guide: 12 reviews and 135 photos
Alta is a small city very far to the north - 70 degrees approximately. During summer you can experience the midnight sun here - which I find to be a truly amazing natural phenomenon - and during winter you can see the northern lights, also called aurora borealis.
It's easy to get here by plane or by car. Though if you start in for example Oslo or Bergen by car it would probably take you at least three or four days to get here if you "drive like a tourist". Possibly two weeks - depends on the driver. Those not afraid to loose their drivers licence can make it in less than 24 hours.
The infamous North Cape (Nordkapp in norwegian) is also a couple of hours driving away from Alta. Traveltime depends on dutch and german "mobile home vehicles" that crowd the road. Check the link: http://www.northcape.no/
Heeeeeere comes the Flintstones!
Check out these sites for more on the stone age and stone carvings:
http://www.arild-hauge.com/helleristning.htm - [this one is in norwegian]
xantylaol's Related Pages
Alta Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Alta a fantastic part of Norway"
- "Alta, Norway"
- "Alta, Northern Norway"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Alta
- Hotels in Alta
- Transportation in Alta
- Restaurants in Alta
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Alta
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Alta?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Alta
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 60 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lom Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montevideo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Natal Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kiruna Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos