"Going to Luster and heading for Nigardsbreen" Skjolden by xantylaol
Skjolden Travel Guide: 1 reviews and 8 photos
The town of Luster has given name to the fjord - or the other way around, who knows - and is in many ways a central spot for taking routes up into the mountains to see some of the spectacular nature that is to be found in this area. Check this link for more info:
Nigardsbreen is an arm of Jostedalsbreen - which is the biggest single glacier in Norway, and europe actually. If you approach this glacier or any other - for gods sake remember that they are constantly moving and can cave in on you or the nearby water - and the tons of tons of ice can crush you or create mini tsunamis. Give them the same respect as if you were to approach a roaring lion in the wild!
Check out these sites for the details:
- Pros:Beutiful nature
- Cons:Be careful with natures spoils - they can cave in on you
xantylaol's Related Pages
Skjolden Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Skjolden, fiord village"
- "The area around Skjolden"
- "Going to Luster and heading for Nigardsbreen"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Skjolden
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (2)
Have you been to Skjolden?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Skjolden
Photos in SkjoldenSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Oslo Intro, 60 reviews, 86 photos, 2 travelogues
- Lom Intro, 10 reviews, 28 photos, 1 travelogue
- Montevideo Intro, 2 reviews, 6 photos
- Natal Intro, 5 reviews, 3 photos
- Buenos Aires Intro, 3 reviews, 3 photos
- Salvador da Bahia Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Manaus Intro, 2 reviews, 3 photos
- Aguas Calientes - Machupicchu Intro, 1 review, 4 photos
- Lisbon Intro, 1 review, 3 photos
- Kiruna Intro, 2 reviews, 2 photos