"County Kerry, The Heart of Ireland!!" County Kerry by ladyanne
County Kerry Travel Guide: 1,014 reviews and 2,423 photos
I love County Kerry, what else can I say, I feel that it is the heart of Ireland, because it has it all. If you just visited County Kerry, I think that you would have seen what Ireland is all about.
The Irish People, the Scenery, the Wild Ocean, the mountain ranges, the Traditional Irish Music, the Ancient Ruins, the Gaelic Culture, the original Language, the Irish Cottages, the seaports, fishing villages, the Best Pubs....and on and on.
Dingle Peninsula is the best of Co. Kerry. Perhaps others would differ with me, but Dingle is special. If I went to the Dingle area alone, I would be still very happy and content.
Slea Head Drive and Beach, The Blasket Islands and it's amazing recent history, Brandon Head, Conor Pass, Anascaul, Ventry, Dunquin, Ballyferriter. And of course, Dingle Town and all her wonderful Pubs and Restaurants.
The Ring of Kerry is very scenic and lovely...but I personally favor the Dingle Ring more.
Ventia Island, Skellig Rocks are special, and also Gap of Dunloe. Killarney is a little too touristy for me, but many like it. Muckross Farms should be fun for most as the Kerry Bog.
- Pros:Scenery, people, music, pubs.
- In a nutshell:The Heart of Ireland for me!!
The green fields of Co. Kerry especially on the Dingle Peninsula are so consistent in the many landscapes. Many resemble... more travel advice
Finding just the right restaurant was very important to us being that it was our first night in Dingle town, and it was... more travel advice
ladyanne's Related Pages
County Kerry Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of the best parts of Ireland's West-coast"
- "Kerry in the Green"
- "County Kerry – more than only Ring of Kerry!"
- "Going back to my Kerry Roots"
- "Dingle Peninsula"
- "Kerry in the rain"
- "County Kerry, The Heart of Ireland!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in County Kerry
- Hotels in County Kerry
- Transportation in County Kerry
- Nightlife in County Kerry
- Restaurants in County Kerry
- Shopping in County Kerry
- Warnings and Dangers in County Kerry
- See All...
Badges & Stats in County Kerry
- 30 Reviews
- 67 Photos
- 3 Forum posts
- 1 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to County Kerry?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in County Kerry
- Posted in Travel Maine Forum "RE: where to get fresh caught..."
- Wrote a Review Green Fields like a Patchwork Quilt...Co. Kerry. in County Kerry Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of Erin09340's County Kerry travel pages
- Uploaded a Photo to "Brandon Mt. nea r Ballyroe, Dingle Pen. Co. Kerry"
- created a County Kerry Travel Page "County Kerry, The Heart of Ireland!!"
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maine Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rockland Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Donegal Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cooperstown Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donegal Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos