"County Kerry, The Heart of Ireland!!" County Kerry by ladyanne

County Kerry Travel Guide: 995 reviews and 2,337 photos

Co. Kerry Has It All !!!!

I love County Kerry, what else can I say, I feel that it is the heart of Ireland, because it has it all. If you just visited County Kerry, I think that you would have seen what Ireland is all about.

The Irish People, the Scenery, the Wild Ocean, the mountain ranges, the Traditional Irish Music, the Ancient Ruins, the Gaelic Culture, the original Language, the Irish Cottages, the seaports, fishing villages, the Best Pubs....and on and on.

The Dingle Countryside.

Dingle Peninsula is the best of Co. Kerry. Perhaps others would differ with me, but Dingle is special. If I went to the Dingle area alone, I would be still very happy and content.

Slea Head Drive and Beach, The Blasket Islands and it's amazing recent history, Brandon Head, Conor Pass, Anascaul, Ventry, Dunquin, Ballyferriter. And of course, Dingle Town and all her wonderful Pubs and Restaurants.

Ring of Kerry.

The Ring of Kerry is very scenic and lovely...but I personally favor the Dingle Ring more.

Ventia Island, Skellig Rocks are special, and also Gap of Dunloe. Killarney is a little too touristy for me, but many like it. Muckross Farms should be fun for most as the Kerry Bog.

• Pros:Scenery, people, music, pubs.
  • Cons:Nothing......
  • In a nutshell:The Heart of Ireland for me!!
  • Last visit to County Kerry: Feb 2001
  • Intro Written May 31, 2005

• MikeBird's Profile Photo
    Feb 5, 2009 at 11:43 AM

The archaeological tour of Dingle sounds great value. Thanks for this tip. Mike

• evaanna's Profile Photo
    Aug 10, 2007 at 3:07 AM

A page to remember, esp. before another trip to Ireland. Dingle and the archaeological tour sound great. And all those lovely pubs with live music!

• jonno99's Profile Photo
    Jul 13, 2007 at 3:34 PM

Glad you enjoyed your time in Kerry. Love the pics and your travel tips

• Sininen's Profile Photo
    Aug 8, 2006 at 10:16 PM

Hello Deborah! I share your love for Ireland and Co. Kerry is the pearl on the crown. I've got lots to see there still. Happy birthday from Finland!

• lou31's Profile Photo
    Jun 19, 2006 at 7:26 AM

Great Kerry page. My favourite county as well. Loved my time in Tralee and Killarney. Your photos and tips are superb. Cheers...

• Erin09340's Profile Photo
    Jan 6, 2006 at 2:27 PM

Thanks for visiting my page. It looks like you had a wonderful time. Clearly, we should have given Dingle more time. I'll have to make a point of it next trip.

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Jan 4, 2006 at 8:40 AM

Loved the picture with the sheep so typically Irish Nice updates & the photos are inspiring

• Ben-UK's Profile Photo
    Dec 27, 2005 at 9:38 AM

More excellent photos -- I really like the one of Slea Head / Bally David -- captures the soul of Ireland.

• Bwana_Brown's Profile Photo
    Sep 13, 2005 at 3:46 PM

I agree, one of the most enjoyable of Irish counties - in my limited knowledge!! Sign me up for O'Flaherty's and a Guinness!!

• arlequin_g's Profile Photo
    Aug 25, 2005 at 8:28 AM

Once again good photos and page. Ireland has so much to offer!!!

ladyanne

“Go Ireland or Bust”

Badges & Stats in County Kerry

Have you been to County Kerry?