"MAINE.....The Way Life Should Be !!!!!!" Top 5 Page for this destination Maine by ladyanne
Maine Travel Guide: 2,661 reviews and 5,828 photos
Maine ads to the diversity of the American landscape.......there is no other coastline like it.
Unique in it's rocky glacial fingers that stretch out into the vast Atlantic Ocean.
Miles and miles of endless coves, peninsulas, bays and points, rock formations and sandy beaches.
And......to ad to all that are it's tall mountains, and endless lakes and ponds, it's flat areas where the potato industry dwells...etc. etc.
I was born and raised in Maine and my roots are so established there that it almost hurts to be away from it. It is not only a beautiful place in all aspects but it is a way of life.
It's motto "The Way Life Should Be" says it all. The mindset hits you as soon as you cross the bridge from Portsmouth, New Hampshire. You can almost feel the air change instantly and a fresh new revival flows through your veins. Leaving behind your present life as it is and experiencing a life where the basic foundamental truths abide and dwell. Back to Basics....simplicity in all that really matters in Life.
Vacationland was it's old motto....(so much to see and so much to do...from the sportsman, recreational player, adventurer, historical buff, or just a plan old explorer.)....but now many crave it as a place they want to live. Dare to visit it and not be affected.
- Pros:Lifestyle and Beauty of Refreshment and Well Being.
- Cons:Far far away from the maddening crowd..did I say "Con"???
- In a nutshell:THE WAY LIFE SHOULD BE!!!!!
Cliff Island is 2 miles long and a 1/4 mile wide. It is home to about 90 residents including lobster fishermen and... more travel advice
China Lake is located southeast of Waterville and Winslow Maine...east of Augusta, northwest of Rockland. It is a lake... more travel advice
- See All There is no NIGHTLIFE on Cliff..there is...
- See All ........and more bicycles parked at the...
- See All Find a Cottage to Rent...and you will...
- See All Rockport Harbor, a clear day of blue sky...
- Perry's Nut House, Belfast-Knox, Maine
ladyanne's Related Pages
Maine Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "MAINE.....The Way Life Should Be !!!!!!"
- "Multifaceted Maine: New England's Crown Jewel"
- "Maine: Life the way it should be?"
- "MAINE - LOBSTERS & LIGHTHOUSES"
- "Pinetree State"
- "Mixed Feelings About Maine"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Maine
- Hotels in Maine
- Transportation in Maine
- Nightlife in Maine
- Restaurants in Maine
- Shopping in Maine
- Warnings and Dangers in Maine
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Maine
- 78 Reviews
- 94 Photos
- 2 Forum posts
- 2 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Maine?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Maine
- updated a Maine Travel Page "MAINE.....The Way Life Should Be !!!!!!"
- Posted in Travel Maine Forum "RE: where to get fresh caught..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Visit "Andre the Seal" Sculpture, Rockport Harbor."
- Wrote a Review Cliff Island, Casco Bay, Maine in Maine Off The Beaten Path
- Commented on one of seagoingJLW's Maine travel pages
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maine Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rockland Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Donegal Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cooperstown Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donegal Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos