"Dingle Town, Co. Kerry" Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle by ladyanne
Dingle Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 528 photos
The Dingle Peninsula is one of my favorite places in Ireland. Right from the start the diversity of Co. Kerry starts when you enter Dingle. From Inch beach, Anascaul, Dunquin, Brandon Head, Conor Pass, Slea Head, Blasket Islands....it's many faces are unique, beautiful and outright enchanting. The culture is a saturation of Gaelic Wonder, the language, the music, the ancient ruins, the people, the scenery is a feast to be had. I am planning my third trip back this fall.
Dingle town, is a perfect place to walk, explore, shop, eat and enjoy all that Ireland has to give. Not to the mention the many Pubs and Great Traditional Music. You must spend a couple of nights there at least, to catch all of it's many faces.
We rented an apartment on Upper Main St. from Kate O'Connor, who's husband has a lawyer's office below. She also has a self-catering cottage in the back overlooking the hills and bays. A whole week was spent exploring both Dingle and the Ring of Kerry. I prefered Dingle if I had my choice between the two.
Dingle Town sort of reminded my of a place like San Francisco, CA in the 60's. It has a group of hippie types who are really into the revival of the Gaelic language and the Music. Rediscovering the richness of their past culture. Hopefully the "Celtic Tiger" doesn't wake up here, and still stays asleep.
- Pros:Everything from A to Z.
- Cons:None that I can see.
- In a nutshell:Pure Gaelic Submersion!!!!!!!
This photo is of your typical old Irish faithful "Sheep Dog". I love this shot, the textures and color. more travel advice
What a spot...a real "off the beaten path", great old castle, no fees, just enjoy. If you go to Inch Beach and you are... more travel advice
ladyanne's Related Pages
Dingle Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "One of my favorite areas in Ireland"
- "Dingle Town, Co. Kerry"
- "A Slice of Authenticity"
- "WELCOME TO MY DINGLE PAGE ......:-)"
- "Swimming with Fungie, the Dingle Dolphin"
- "The Dingle Peninsula"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Dingle
- Hotels in Dingle
- Transportation in Dingle
- Nightlife in Dingle
- Restaurants in Dingle
- Shopping in Dingle
- Warnings and Dangers in Dingle
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Dingle
- 17 Reviews
- 29 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 14 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Dingle?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Dingle
- Uploaded a Photo to "Best Kept Secret in Dingle Town."
- Posted in Travel Maine Forum "RE: where to get fresh caught..."
- Commented on one of Krumlovgirl's Dingle travel pages
- Wrote a Review Back roads and by-ways...rural scenery!!! Farms. about Dingle Peninsula in Dingle Things to Do
- updated a Dingle Travelogue "Dingle Peninsula, Co. Kerry"
Photos in DingleSee All Photos (29)
Top 10 Pages
- Ireland Intro, 27 reviews, 91 photos, 5 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Maine Intro, 48 reviews, 52 photos, 1 travelogue
- County Kerry Intro, 13 reviews, 38 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle Intro, 17 reviews, 33 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rockland Intro, 17 reviews, 24 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination County Donegal Intro, 15 reviews, 25 photos, 1 travelogue
- Portland Intro, 13 reviews, 21 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Cooperstown Intro, 10 reviews, 13 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Park City Intro, 7 reviews, 12 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Donegal Intro, 5 reviews, 10 photos