"Dingle Town, Co. Kerry" Top 5 Page for this destination Dingle by ladyanne

Dingle Travel Guide: 202 reviews and 528 photos

Dingle Peninsula, Co. Kerry

The Dingle Peninsula is one of my favorite places in Ireland. Right from the start the diversity of Co. Kerry starts when you enter Dingle. From Inch beach, Anascaul, Dunquin, Brandon Head, Conor Pass, Slea Head, Blasket Islands....it's many faces are unique, beautiful and outright enchanting. The culture is a saturation of Gaelic Wonder, the language, the music, the ancient ruins, the people, the scenery is a feast to be had. I am planning my third trip back this fall.

Dingle town, is a perfect place to walk, explore, shop, eat and enjoy all that Ireland has to give. Not to the mention the many Pubs and Great Traditional Music. You must spend a couple of nights there at least, to catch all of it's many faces.

We rented an apartment on Upper Main St. from Kate O'Connor, who's husband has a lawyer's office below. She also has a self-catering cottage in the back overlooking the hills and bays. A whole week was spent exploring both Dingle and the Ring of Kerry. I prefered Dingle if I had my choice between the two.

Dingle Town sort of reminded my of a place like San Francisco, CA in the 60's. It has a group of hippie types who are really into the revival of the Gaelic language and the Music. Rediscovering the richness of their past culture. Hopefully the "Celtic Tiger" doesn't wake up here, and still stays asleep.

• Pros:Everything from A to Z.
  • Cons:None that I can see.
  • In a nutshell:Pure Gaelic Submersion!!!!!!!
  • Last visit to Dingle: Feb 2001
  • Intro Updated May 29, 2005

• nepalgoods's Profile Photo
    Apr 19, 2009 at 12:48 AM

Great page! I am looking forward to visit Dingle soon.

• angiebabe's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 1:10 AM

I had a fab time driving around here in 1999 on my Mum and I's 1st visit to the UK!All my pics are back so its lovely to refresh my memories here with your page thanks!

• Oct 27, 2008 at 5:47 PM

dingles wicked,,been two years running on our annual fishing trip with 12 mates,,stopped in murphys bar,,gud brekky,music,and plenty of that stuff that makes ur *** blak

• Feb 12, 2007 at 4:59 PM

just came across your site, cheers from Pauline McCarthy, McCarthys Bar, Dingle the pub is blue again!!!! (paint)

• Jul 4, 2006 at 12:46 PM

We are touring Southern Ireland this month and your pages have been very helpful. Thankyou. It sounds like you had a wonderful time :-)

• Jenniflower's Profile Photo
    Jun 6, 2006 at 7:11 AM

Found your accomm tips especially helpful! Thank you :) Jen

• magor65's Profile Photo
    Apr 29, 2006 at 11:45 AM

It's been a pure pleasure to read your tips; you sound so enthusiastic. I'm going to visit Ireland in August, and have started collecting information.

• RickinDutch's Profile Photo
    Dec 6, 2005 at 5:21 PM

Love your Dingle pages. Captured the spirit of the town well!

• scottishvisitor's Profile Photo
    Sep 24, 2005 at 10:23 AM

Lovely page on Dingle. The sheep dog picture is just great & the moody scenery terrific

• starship's Profile Photo
    Jun 8, 2005 at 9:16 AM

The more I read about Ireland, the more appealing it gets. Nice page!

ladyanne