"Ha'er'bin" Harbin by Katie&Jordi
Harbin Travel Guide: 354 reviews and 905 photos
Haerbin is a city famed for its annual Winter Lantern Festival or Ice Festival. It's far up North in China, bordering Russia. It doesn't only share a border, but the cold winter as well.
We had a glimpse at a different side of Haerbin, a warmer side: during summer, Harbin has a lot to offer, with beautiful remains of its Russian past in forms of cobblestone streets and traditional buildings. The Chinese have added a nice riverside promenade. So, visiting this city at the right time of the year (summer) allows you to enjoy it all.
Haerbin is supposed to get very crowded during the Winter Festival, and we have heard that, in case you want to see it, it is better to do it right before it begins officially.
- Pros:Beautiful buildings and old charming streets.
- Cons:Really big city.
- In a nutshell:A different Chinese city.
Katie&Jordi's Related Pages
Harbin Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "New Home"
- "Harbin, Northernmost Chinese Metropolis"
- "Song Of Snow--Harbin"
- "Winter Wonderland"
- "White North of China"
- "Minimal Dressing in Winter City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Harbin
- Hotels in Harbin
- Transportation in Harbin
- Nightlife in Harbin
- Restaurants in Harbin
- Shopping in Harbin
- Warnings and Dangers in Harbin
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Harbin
- 0 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Harbin?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Harbin
Photos in HarbinSee All Photos (8)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Shi Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Anshan Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guizhou Sheng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaifeng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues