"... where you can see how fast China is changing!!" Jiaozuo by Katie&Jordi
Jiaozuo Travel Guide: 5 reviews and 40 photos
After living for 10 months in Anshan, Liaoning, we decided to move somewhere else in China.
We wanted to see more of the country and we wanted to be more central as well.
Henan Province seemed the place for us: it was central, and it seems to have a very special reputation among many of the Chinese we talked to for being the Wild West. On top of that, it is the most populated of all the Chinese provinces, over a 100 milion people live in an area smaller than Spain.
What did we find in Jaiozuo? Well, there was nothing ancient or valuable in terms of 'touristic' interests. What we had found was something else: the people seemed to have a bigger smile than those in the North, the markets were extremely lively, and the restaurants seemed to be proud of having 'international' clients.
In addition to all of this, we also had the sport facilities at our Uni and this was good enough to make our six months there very enjoyable.
Take a look at the Travelogues below. Once you have done this, don't forget to visit our other Henan destinations, Luoyang and Kaifeng, plus our 2006 May Holiday Trip
You can also visit another one of the hidden treasures in China. The old Mongolian town of Jimingyi, which we also visited during our stay in Jiaozuo.
After the six months in Jiaozuo, we decided that our Chinese adventure had to come to an end. We were returning to Spain.
But, since we had to travel west anyway, why not take the opportunity to take the famous Transiberian train? We had wanted to do it for a while and the opportunity had never been so possible before. Do you want to know more about it? Click HERE then.
To go back to our Chinese main page, click HERE.
- Pros:A chance to see fast-changing China
- Cons:Polluted environment
- In a nutshell:Don't come here to find ancient China.
Katie&Jordi's Related Pages
Jiaozuo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Yuntai Mountain (30 km from Jiaozuo)"
- "Living in Jiaozuo University"
- "... where you can see how fast China is changing!!"
- See All...
Explore the World
- Redondo Beach Hotels
- Pompano Beach
- Ko Luam Hotels
- Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge
- Ilha da Taipa Hotels
- Los Cristianos
- Naturpark Bergstrasse-Odenwald
- Prescott Valley Hotels
- Poppenbüttel Hotels
- Port Royal Plantation Hotels
- Uluru National Park (Ayers Rock)
Badges & Stats in Jiaozuo
- 0 Reviews
- 37 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Jiaozuo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Jiaozuo
Photos in JiaozuoSee All Photos (37)
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Shi Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Anshan Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guizhou Sheng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaifeng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues