"An extremely lively city" Kaifeng by Katie&Jordi
Kaifeng Travel Guide: 8 reviews and 50 photos
Kaifeng is a very nice place to visit for a day or two if you happen to be anywhere in Henan.
The city has been able to keep its charm thanks to the fact that it is one of the very few cities in China that has been able to keep its City Walls.
Because of that, the new city has built 'extramuros', while the 'intramuros' area has kept its parks, lakes, narrow streets and overall character.
On top of that, Kaifeng has a few famous touristic spots, which we really enjoyed. But what makes Kaifeng a famous destination for Chinese people is the fact that it is considered a sort of a culinary Mecca: Kaifeng is famous in Henan due to its night market, a huge area full of all type of food stalls serving all sort of local specialties.
We visited Kaifeng a couple of times (Jiaozuo, where we used to live, was only 2 hrs away), and we enjoyed the city a lot.
If you want to learn more about it, pls take a look at our Travelogues below.
To go back to China Main page, pls click HERE.
- Pros:The charm & character of the 'intramuros' area
- In a nutshell:Its 'normality' makes it beautiful & interesting
Katie&Jordi's Related Pages
Kaifeng Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A reasonably Chinese city"
- "Good Old Kaifeng, An Ancient Capital"
- "Kaifeng - Old City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Kaifeng
- Hotels in Kaifeng
- Transportation in Kaifeng
- Restaurants in Kaifeng
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Kaifeng
- 0 Reviews
- 38 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Kaifeng?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kaifeng
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Shi Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Anshan Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guizhou Sheng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaifeng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues