"Turkey: crossroads between Europe and Asia" Turkey by Katie&Jordi
Turkey Travel Guide: 24,675 reviews and 71,013 photos
Turkey left a very deep impression on us. We went from west to south, then east, north, and back west again.
And wherever we went, people were extremely friendly to us. On the buses, they would constantly offer us food, some conversation or, sometimes, their seat.
They welcomed us in every Mosque we visited.
We enjoyed the Eid-al-Fitr (Ramazan) in Istanbul, where the people waited patiently all day sipping tea without eating anything. After the sun went down, it was another story. There were tents full of food and families walking around enjoying the fair-like atmosphere. We particularly enjoyed a Kurdish food vendor who gave us our first taste of cikofte (a sort of Kurdish burrito), which led us to our second and third!!
We wanted Iran to be our next step towards the east (we had even been in Dogubayazit, 30 kms. from the border with Iran), but the cold weather and the snow made us re-think our plans: we decided to fly to India, via Oman.
- Pros:The people, the food and the Turkish baths.
- Cons:Chaotic bus stations.
- In a nutshell:Leave the beaten path and explore the East and the South of the country.
Katie&Jordi's Related Pages
Turkey Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Turkey - a travell from east to west"
- "DID YOU KNOW THAT ?"
- "My Turkey - real and virtual"
- "Turkey's Magnificent Riviera"
- "Travels in Turkey"
- "Turkey: Spans Both Europe and Asia"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Turkey
- Hotels in Turkey
- Transportation in Turkey
- Nightlife in Turkey
- Restaurants in Turkey
- Shopping in Turkey
- Warnings and Dangers in Turkey
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Turkey
- 0 Reviews
- 43 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (1)
Have you been to Turkey?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Turkey
- updated a Turkey Travelogue "Van, Mount Ararat & Dogubayazit (border with Iran)"
- Posted in Technical Help Forum "RE: RE: TRAVELOGUES, MODIFY ORDER..."
- Uploaded a Photo to "Erzurum, Trabzon & Ephesus"
Top 10 Pages
- Turkey Intro, 43 photos, 5 travelogues
- Laos Intro, 41 photos, 5 travelogues
- India Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Vietnam Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Beijing Shi Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Anshan Intro, 40 photos, 5 travelogues
- Luoyang Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Guizhou Sheng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Kaifeng Intro, 38 photos, 5 travelogues
- Province of Palawan Intro, 37 photos, 5 travelogues
FriendsSee All Friends (1)
Top Turkey hotels
- Istanbul Hotels
- 7829 Reviews - 20234 Photos
- Antalya Hotels
- 739 Reviews - 2057 Photos
- Marmaris Hotels
- 625 Reviews - 1134 Photos
- Bodrum Hotels
- 708 Reviews - 1641 Photos
- Icmeler Hotels
- 235 Reviews - 455 Photos
- Kusadasi Hotels
- 312 Reviews - 853 Photos
- Alanya Hotels
- 435 Reviews - 986 Photos
- Belek Hotels
- 58 Reviews - 170 Photos
- Side Hotels
- 143 Reviews - 364 Photos
- Fethiye Hotels
- 352 Reviews - 878 Photos
- Ankara Hotels
- 372 Reviews - 1286 Photos
- Hisaronu Hotels
- 25 Reviews - 57 Photos
- Pamukkale Hotels
- 270 Reviews - 958 Photos
- Izmir Hotels
- 454 Reviews - 1275 Photos
- Dalyan Hotels
- 138 Reviews - 302 Photos