"FULPMES - AUSTRIA" Fulpmes by Acirfa
Fulpmes Travel Guide: 10 reviews and 68 photos
Fulpmes, is approximately 20 mins car ride southwest of Innsbruck.
High mountains surround this major resort, which lies about halfway up the valley, the most ancient hamlet in the Stubai Valley.
Serles Mountain, to the south of Fulpmes, rises to a height of 2,715m (8,900 ft.). You might enjoy an excursion up to Telfes, slightly more than 1.5km (1 mile) by road above Fulpmes.
Most visitors see the Stubaital on day trips from Innsbruck, but the resort, a spot to visit in both summer and winter, offers a range of excellent hotels charging moderate prices.
In summer, an indoor heated swimming pool between Fulpmes and Telfes is open. Chairlifts operate in both summer and winter, one going from Fulpmes to Froneben, at 1,351m (4,430 ft.), and one to Kreuzjoch, at 2,105m (6,900 ft.).
If you're here at the right time, I am not sure when the right time is however, you might enjoy a historical play presented about Tyrol's hero, Andreas Hofer, who led Bavarian and Tyrolean peasants against Napoleon and freed Tyrol from the French emperor's domination.
This resort is ideal for beginners and lower intermediates, for the more advanced it is probably best to purchase a 'whole of valley' lift pass.
Tobogganing in the nearby resort of Neustift is a great fun experience and can be arranged through your ski school or instructor. We were advised not to do the run during the evening but to rather take the precaution of doing it in daylight and I have to agree I think that was a sensible thing to have done as the path is close to the edge of the mountain.......but a wonderful experience.
- Pros:Great for intermediate and beginners/also hiking
Friendly atmosphere created by both staff and clients. Warm atmosphere and a cosy bar to boot. Food is tasty more travel advice
This is an ideal resort for beginners and intermediate skiers. A lift pass can be obtained for just the local area or... more travel advice
Acirfa's Related Pages
Fulpmes Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "FULPMES - AUSTRIA"
- "Fulpmes - The Sunny village of the Stubai Valley"
- "Fulpmes - so beautiful, but hard to describe"
- "Hiking and Mountain Huts"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Fulpmes
- Hotels in Fulpmes
- Transportation in Fulpmes
- Nightlife in Fulpmes
- Restaurants in Fulpmes
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Fulpmes
- 7 Reviews
- 59 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 6 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to Fulpmes?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Fulpmes
Photos in FulpmesSee All Photos (59)
Top 10 Pages
- West Sussex Intro, 34 reviews, 147 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zambia Intro, 19 reviews, 66 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fulpmes Intro, 7 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bonn Intro, 5 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues