" GRASKOP " Graskop by Acirfa
Graskop Travel Guide: 30 reviews and 60 photos
This area was so named after a farmer Abel Erasmus ( 1850) who's property was nothing but grassveld and no trees. Abel became the native commissioner and magistrate for the Lowveld and escarpment area.
Graskop was also an area where gold was found, like a lot of places in this vacinity, to the well trained eye, it is still possible to recognise spots where people left the scars on the land looking for gold. As recent as 1996 was when the last prospectors in this area.
Graskop is situated on the Mpumalanga escarpment and is popular with tourists. The area has a mild climate and is well situated, like White River and Hazyview, for exploration of the surrounding beauty spots.
Acirfa's Related Pages
Graskop Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Graskop, A great base for exploring Mpumalanga"
- "ALONG THE PANORAMA"
- "Graskop, Gateway to Blyde River Canyon"
- "Perfectly situated little town ~"
- "Graskop - Gateway to Great Viewpoints"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Graskop
- Hotels in Graskop
- Restaurants in Graskop
- Shopping in Graskop
- Warnings and Dangers in Graskop
- See All...
Explore the World
- Arnhem Hotels
- Omoa Hotels
- Honningsvåg Hotels
- Moore Town Hotels
- Werlau Hotels
- Anahuac National Wildlife Refuge Hotels
- Thimphu Dzongkhag
- Islamabad Capital Territory
- Kawm ad Dahab
- Isla de la Toja
- Pincher Creek
- Nisos Pserimos
Badges & Stats in Graskop
- 0 Reviews
- 2 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Graskop?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Graskop
Top 10 Pages
- West Sussex Intro, 34 reviews, 147 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zambia Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fulpmes Intro, 7 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bonn Intro, 5 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues