"Hermanus - Heart of The Whale Route" Hermanus by Acirfa
Hermanus Travel Guide: 78 reviews and 135 photos
There is a cliff path that hugs the shoreline for approximately 12 km, this path offers opportunity's to watch the whales from the land. It is possible to get within 20 m of these magnificent mammals in the coves below the pathway.
There are telescopes situated along the Old Harbour Museum mean you can take advantage of the viewing of opportunities of dolphins, whales and all of Walker Bay too.
There is a Whale Crier (not a town crier but similar), he keeps all visitors informed of the whereabouts of the whales during the whale season.
Acirfa's Related Pages
Hermanus Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The most amazing coastal town in the Cape"
- "Hermanus and surrounding areas"
- "Great Place to See Whales"
- "Land Based Whale Watching Paradise."
- "Hermanus Bay"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Hermanus
- Hotels in Hermanus
- Restaurants in Hermanus
- Shopping in Hermanus
- Warnings and Dangers in Hermanus
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Hermanus
- 1 Reviews
- 0 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Hermanus?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Hermanus
Top 10 Pages
- West Sussex Intro, 34 reviews, 147 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zambia Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fulpmes Intro, 7 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bonn Intro, 5 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues