"WYE VALLEY" Herefordshire by Acirfa
Herefordshire Travel Guide: 107 reviews and 385 photos
Designated as an ‘Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty’, the Wye valley surrounds a 72 mile stretch of the River Wye stretching from Chepstow to Hereford, straddling the borders between England and Wales, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire and Monmouthshire
The area offers much to do: whether walking the long distance footpath of Offa’s Dyke or the Wye Valley walk, cycling along forest tracks in the Forest of Dean, canoeing on the River Wye, or quad biking over rough terrain.
There’s also the historical, such as Monmouth and Chepstow to the hysterical such as my attempts at rock climbing, there’s gentle River cruises or the much more acceptable pastime with liquids of beer drinking in some of the prettiest pubs in England.
The scenery can be breathtaking as the area has ancient woodlands on the valley sides which create a haven for wildlife. However from this huge menu of options we chose to visit two monuments and spend the rest on foot walking the river-Oh, and standing on a rock…..
The Rock is a spectacular viewing gallery that sits 500 ft above sea level over Symonds Yat East and West. It is a... more travel advice
With beautiful footpaths set on the banks of the river and in the forest, this is a wonderful place to step out in. We... more travel advice
Acirfa's Related Pages
Herefordshire Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "WYE VALLEY"
- "Symond's Yat, Wye Valley, Herefordshire"
- "Symonds Yat - Natural Beauty"
- "UP NORTH"
- "HOME OF THE BLACK & WHITE TRAIL"
- "Black & white houses, cider orchards & Cathedral"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Herefordshire
- Hotels in Herefordshire
- Transportation in Herefordshire
- Nightlife in Herefordshire
- Restaurants in Herefordshire
- Shopping in Herefordshire
- Warnings and Dangers in Herefordshire
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Herefordshire
- 6 Reviews
- 22 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Cities
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (7)
Have you been to Herefordshire?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Herefordshire
Top 10 Pages
- West Sussex Intro, 34 reviews, 147 photos, 3 travelogues
- London Intro, 43 reviews, 95 photos, 3 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Botswana Intro, 24 reviews, 109 photos, 3 travelogues
- Kenya Intro, 30 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Tanzania Intro, 16 reviews, 70 photos, 4 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Zambia Intro, 19 reviews, 67 photos, 4 travelogues
- South Africa Intro, 33 reviews, 34 photos, 3 travelogues
- Fulpmes Intro, 7 reviews, 59 photos, 5 travelogues
- Namibia Intro, 14 reviews, 44 photos, 4 travelogues
- Bonn Intro, 5 reviews, 52 photos, 5 travelogues