"Laid Back in Southern Cali" San Diego by razorbacker

San Diego Travel Guide: 3,230 reviews and 7,449 photos

San Diego - America's Best City!

Man, we LOVE to head to San Diego! (And who wouldn't?!) We've gone there lots over the years, but we had an especially great time in July 2004. The highlight was our half-day cruise on the Big Bay aboard "The Californian," the Maritime Museum's tall-ship. I hope you ALL get to do that sometime. I will never forget it!
Brenda and I have to say that our anniversary trip there March 15-17, 2008 was even better than 2004. We had the best time ever! Point Loma, the Urban Trees, Birch Aquarium, our little motel, the restaurants, little local sights, and ESPECIALLY our whale-watching cruise! Couldn't have been better.

As Forest would say, "San Diego...aGAIN!"

March 15-17, 2008. Brenda and I headed back to san Diego for our 6th anniversary. We had a perfect time, but there's so much more we want to do there. This time we had grand adventures at Point Loma/Cabrillo National Monument, photographing the Urban trees along the Embarcadero, the Birch Aquarium, and a GREAT whale-watching cruise with Harbor Excursions. Some of my friends recommended the crab sandwich at Point Loma Seafoods. It was quite good, but here's MY recommendation: go to Santana's Mexican Grill at the intersection of Harbor Drive and Rosecrans. Order the grilled fish burrito. With the first mouthful of warm fish and cool slaw you will hear the angels sing in Heaven!!

Hollywood Shuffle

Just a run out to LA to see my son in the hospital. We wanted to see some of the Hollywood sights but didn't have time. We both had to work next day, so we just stayed onr night. We'll head back soon though. We loved our funky little hotel. It was only $65 + tax.

• Last visit to San Diego: Mar 2008
  • Intro Updated May 11, 2008

Comments

razorbacker

“'The journey is the destination.' 'When you come to a fork in the road, take it.' - Yogi Berra”

Badges & Stats in San Diego

Have you been to San Diego?

Latest Activity in San Diego