"Laid Back in Southern Cali" San Diego by razorbacker
San Diego Travel Guide: 3,402 reviews and 7,760 photos
Man, we LOVE to head to San Diego! (And who wouldn't?!) We've gone there lots over the years, but we had an especially great time in July 2004. The highlight was our half-day cruise on the Big Bay aboard "The Californian," the Maritime Museum's tall-ship. I hope you ALL get to do that sometime. I will never forget it!
Brenda and I have to say that our anniversary trip there March 15-17, 2008 was even better than 2004. We had the best time ever! Point Loma, the Urban Trees, Birch Aquarium, our little motel, the restaurants, little local sights, and ESPECIALLY our whale-watching cruise! Couldn't have been better.
March 15-17, 2008. Brenda and I headed back to san Diego for our 6th anniversary. We had a perfect time, but there's so much more we want to do there. This time we had grand adventures at Point Loma/Cabrillo National Monument, photographing the Urban trees along the Embarcadero, the Birch Aquarium, and a GREAT whale-watching cruise with Harbor Excursions. Some of my friends recommended the crab sandwich at Point Loma Seafoods. It was quite good, but here's MY recommendation: go to Santana's Mexican Grill at the intersection of Harbor Drive and Rosecrans. Order the grilled fish burrito. With the first mouthful of warm fish and cool slaw you will hear the angels sing in Heaven!!
Just a run out to LA to see my son in the hospital. We wanted to see some of the Hollywood sights but didn't have time. We both had to work next day, so we just stayed onr night. We'll head back soon though. We loved our funky little hotel. It was only $65 + tax.
My son, Zach, and I went deep-sea fishing. We didn't exactly catch our limit but didn't get skunked either! Had lots of... more travel advice
Cute park next to USS Midway. Lots of couples there. more travel advice
razorbacker's Related Pages
San Diego Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "San Diego, California"
- "San Diego ~San Dieguito"
- "Jim_Eliason's San Diego Page"
- "Warm up to San Diego"
- "PAGE DEDICATED TO LINDA (lmkluque on VT)"
- "California's Birthplace"
- "Something for everyone...San Diego"
- See All...
- Things to Do in San Diego
- Hotels in San Diego
- Transportation in San Diego
- Nightlife in San Diego
- Restaurants in San Diego
- Shopping in San Diego
- Warnings and Dangers in San Diego
- See All...
Badges & Stats in San Diego
- 21 Reviews
- 31 Photos
- 1 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (12)
Have you been to San Diego?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in San Diego
Photos in San DiegoSee All Photos (31)
Top 10 Pages
- Eureka Springs Intro, 67 reviews, 322 photos
- San Francisco Intro, 42 reviews, 214 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Puerto Peņasco Intro, 41 reviews, 194 photos
- Washington D.C. Intro, 34 reviews, 162 photos
- California Intro, 169 photos
- Phoenix 28 reviews, 127 photos
- Wupatki National Monument Intro, 21 reviews, 106 photos
- Montana Intro, 20 reviews, 103 photos
- Huntsville Intro, 12 reviews, 58 photos
- Ponca Intro, 10 reviews, 51 photos