"Go, Eagles!!!" Huntsville by razorbacker

Huntsville Travel Guide: 7 reviews and 61 photos

My hometown

Huntsville is my hometown. I grew up on a farm, 142 acres on Bohannon Mountain. Raising cattle, riding horses, running barefoot, climbing around my mulberry tree that was by turns a sailing- or rocket-ship, running a tractor, a strong thunderstorm racing in from the west across the hills, the song of rain on a tin roof, chores and ticks, skunks and roadrunners, box turtles and bullfrogs, possums and persimmons, cardinals and blue jays and red-headed woodpeckers, hawks and meadowlarks, buzzards and whippoorwills, wielding a chainsaw, hauling hay, hauling rocks, taking a full day each winter to find the perfect Christmas tree, cut it down, and haul it home. Walking to the bus stop and home, trying to find a way across the creeks in spring floods, watching out for snakes and tarantulas, sliding on frozen pools in the winter. Sidewalk and the picture show, ballgames and the pool hall, phosphates and frito pies, the sale barn and the Crossbow. The finest education I could ever desire. The finest people I could ever know. The finest place I could ever love and revere and hope to finally sleep in. I can never repay the debt I owe, but I will try. I will try.

• Last visit to Huntsville: Apr 2012
  • Intro Written Apr 27, 2012

Comments

razorbacker Used To Live Here!

razorbacker

“'The journey is the destination.' 'When you come to a fork in the road, take it.' - Yogi Berra”

Badges & Stats in Huntsville

Have you been to Huntsville?

Latest Activity in Huntsville