"Where Marie Antoinette got her oysters" Cancale by ryuhome
Cancale Travel Guide: 16 reviews and 63 photos
This is a nice stop when you're on your way from Mount Saint Michel to St. Malo or vice versa. Besides being famous for its oyster, there're some nice waterfront stores and resturants. Too bad we came in the off season on a rainy day in the afternoon and most of the places were closed.
This place has one of the biggest tidal difference in the world, as you can see from this picture.
You can get oysters here from the stalls at about one third the price you paid at a resturant. You order by the size and they opened them for you right there.
- Pros:Perfect for a stop over
If you are facing the bay, the oyster stalls are all the way to the left side. We went the other way and at the end of... more travel advice
ryuhome's Related Pages
Cancale Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Cancale - the Oyster Capital"
- "Where Marie Antoinette got her oysters"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Cancale
- Hotels in Cancale
- Transportation in Cancale
- Restaurants in Cancale
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Cancale
- 2 Reviews
- 8 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (4)
Have you been to Cancale?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Cancale
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Departamento de Cusco Intro, 33 reviews, 30 photos, 1 travelogue
- Machu Picchu Intro, 22 reviews, 16 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Tambopata Intro, 19 reviews, 18 photos
- Honfleur Intro, 5 reviews, 15 photos
- Dinan Intro, 4 reviews, 14 photos
- Chincheros Intro, 8 reviews, 9 photos
- Lima Intro, 6 reviews, 7 photos
- Ollantaitambo Intro, 6 reviews, 6 photos
- Puerto Maldonado Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
- Pisac Intro, 5 reviews, 6 photos
No friends yet.