"Bangalore- gateway to Karnataka's treasures" Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore by abi_maha
Bangalore Travel Guide: 631 reviews and 989 photos
Obviously I feel my hometown is one the best cities in the country, the population here is a good mix of people from across the country. I think it the most cosmopolitan city in the country! Infact you will find very few Kannadigas here and more people from outside this state. Located on the deccan plateau has ensured that my city has pleasant weather through out the year, which is the reason why people from across the country love it here and end up settling down in the same! The result has been that it has quickly become India's third most populated city(hmmmmmmmm........thats one thing you cant get away from in India, the population!)
What can you expect while on a tour to bangalore......?? Definitely scours of gardens, despite its recent spate of urbanisation Bangalore boasts of numerous parks in every loacality that residents use for their morning/evening walks. Apart from these almost every other street will boast of a temple- neat and quaint! You will see many places of worship co-existing peacefully, temples next to mosques and mosques next to churches, not to leave out the gurudwaras and jain temples!
The origin of the success story of IT in India was at the outskirts of Bangalore, namely electronic city! As infosys and Wipro grew in size and stature they attracted a diverse population of engineers from across the country and world into what was a quaint lazy town called bangalore! What a transformation this mass induction of people into our city brought! Overnight the population doubles, real estate prices went thru the roof and the culture of this city changed! From being a quaint hill station, Bangalore transformed into the Silicon Valley and Pub city of India!However the recent activities of the Ram Sena(who are acting more like Hanuman Sena really) has dampened the 'spirits' of this city, such a shame that the very same politicians who won these pubs and discs are putting up such a sham reallY!
What makes bangalore truly amazing is it location, its a plateau that is close to the hill stations of Ooty, kodaikanal and Munnar, the beaches of Madras, Pondicherry and Mangalore, the architectural wonders ofHampi, Belur, Halebid, Somnathpur, badami, Aihole & Pattadakkal.
- Pros:Gardens,Weather, Pubs & Food-All varieties of Indian And western!
- Cons:Infrastructure-Power Cuts, Traffic Jams, Bad roads
- In a nutshell:Great Cosmopolitan City
After coming back from the US we were craving some good Indian food and Rajdhani hit the spot beautifully! Opened in the... more travel advice
Whenever we feel the need to spend some time in silence and find some solace we head to this white wonder in Jayanagar -... more travel advice
- See All Tourism information
- See All Affordable Indian Clothes
- See All Relax and put up your feet at Tamarind...
- Decaf coffee is scarcely available
- Jayanagar's Best
abi_maha's Related Pages
Bangalore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Bangalore my home"
- "Bangalore- gateway to Karnataka's treasures"
- "The Garden City"
- "The Gateway to India"
- "Bangalore- The Garden City"
- "From chirps to chips"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Bangalore
- Hotels in Bangalore
- Transportation in Bangalore
- Nightlife in Bangalore
- Restaurants in Bangalore
- Shopping in Bangalore
- Warnings and Dangers in Bangalore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Bangalore
- 53 Reviews
- 48 Photos
- 14 Forum posts
- 11 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (15)
Have you been to Bangalore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Bangalore
- Posted in Travel Sri Lanka Forum "Re: places to stay near airport?"
- Wrote a Review Super Service and superb food! in Bangalore Restaurants
- Uploaded a Photo to "Super Service and superb food!"
- Commented on one of krishsubbu's Bangalore travel pages
- updated a Bangalore Travel Page "Bangalore- gateway to Karnataka's treasures"
- Uploaded a Video to Bangalore
Photos in BangaloreSee All Photos (48)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 21 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 39 reviews, 70 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 53 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leh Intro, 20 reviews, 81 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Hampi Intro, 16 reviews, 61 photos, 1 travelogue
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Newark Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Put-in-Bay Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos