"Kulu & Manali- Second visit here" Kulu by abi_maha
Kulu Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 7 photos
I began my trekking with the Youth Hostels Association in the same Kulu Manli in the year 1998- that was trekking thru Chandrakhani Pass. this time round I wanted to take the famous and arduous Sarpass, however this year they discontinued the same and introduced a trek thru Sarkundi Pass thats where we (my sis Vidya and I) were headed.
We took a flight to Delhi and then took a bone ratlling 12 hr bus journey to Kulu- the base camp for this trek.
It was an arduous trek where we were covering around 15-20 kms every day on the Himalayan terrain. However the group of people we were trekking with kept us so well entertained that it seemed like a stroll in the park! One of the camps was right on a glacier!
- Pros:Awesome views, easy access to snow
- In a nutshell:Snowballs, skiing and amazing fun!
Hadimba Temple is dedicated to the Goddess Hadimba. She was the wife of Bhima, one of the five Pandavas brothers from... more travel advice
This is one thing you wont get to do around too many places in the world. Try taking a ride on top of the local buses... more travel advice
abi_maha's Related Pages
Kulu Travel Guide
Badges & Stats in Kulu
- 4 Reviews
- 7 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (13)
Have you been to Kulu?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Kulu
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Columbus Intro, 26 reviews, 118 photos, 1 travelogue
- Washington D.C. Intro, 21 reviews, 89 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Chennai (Madras) Intro, 37 reviews, 68 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Bangalore Intro, 53 reviews, 48 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Leh Intro, 20 reviews, 81 photos
- Niagara Falls Intro, 22 reviews, 69 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Pondicherry Intro, 24 reviews, 49 photos
- Newark Intro, 14 reviews, 55 photos
- Top 5 Page for this destination Put-in-Bay Intro, 15 reviews, 49 photos
- Jaisalmer Intro, 12 reviews, 47 photos