"Anna having gone from place to place" swedishanna's Profile

Introduction

After having lived in Sweden, Canada, England, France and mainland Spain, I have now settled in Menorca - the most northern Balearic island. Following my studies in Manchester, I ended up working here as a rep and met my boyfriend - we now live in the pretty city of Ciutadella and even though I don´t travel as much as I once did, I still look forward to showing off places I´ve seen and discovering new countries and un-visited cities.

All my travels are mainly due to my parents passion of travelling, mainly my mums, and thanks to them I have been able to see seveal parts of the world and a large majority of the European countries. I have been lucky having seen so much of the world as I have, and even if I didn´t travel any more from now on (which I will!), I would be very pleased having seen so many places and visted so many countries.

Stockholm -my town

I stil regard Stockholm as my hometown, of course, I lived there for the main part of my life! And it is a truely gorgeous city, and everytime I go home, I wonder why I left...

Stockholm has at times been called Venice of the North, which I really don`t think is fair, because I have visited Venice and Stockholm is much more beautiful and tons cleaner as well! You can actually swim bascially in the middle of town and the fishes you might catch are healthy enough to eat.

My home

Stockholm is defently my home town, where I was born and where I grew up. But my home is now in Ciutadella, the old capital of Menorca and, even though much smaller than Stockholm, it too is a beautiful town. It offers plenty of history, winding alleys and great restaurants. And I love the fact that when we go for Saturday walks, every 10 minutes or so we see someone we know.

The summer months are defently very different from the winter months. Personally I prefer May and October, when all the shops are still open but you don´t have to fight your way through heards of turists to get past the cathedral and walk along the port.

• Intro Updated Oct 27, 2007

• RobManders's Profile Photo
    Jun 26, 2009 at 8:00 PM

Hi Hanna, We are visiting Minorca next month. From the pictures we've seen we are definitely gonna visit Ciutadella. It looks like a beautiful place. Best regards from Holland

• ghibli88's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 2:22 AM

A warm Happy super birthday to you Anna,best wishes from hot and sunny Italy.

• traveloturc's Profile Photo
    Jul 22, 2007 at 12:14 AM

Happy birthday to you from Istanbul / Turkiye ..I wish that you realize all your dreams ...good luck

• Sjalen's Profile Photo
    Feb 3, 2007 at 2:40 PM

Hur i hela friden har jag lyckats missa dina sidor här på VT ända tills nu? :)

• Redang's Profile Photo
    Dec 30, 2006 at 1:06 AM

Happy 2007, Anna!

• spanishguy's Profile Photo
    Jul 23, 2006 at 12:02 PM

¡Hola Anna! ¡¡Feliz cumpleaños!! Siento el retraso pero este finde he estado fuera. Besos desde Sevilla.

• mary2u99's Profile Photo
    Jul 21, 2006 at 11:24 PM

Anna....Happy Birthday to you:-)

• Shihar's Profile Photo
    Feb 1, 2006 at 3:49 PM

Ah yes..I had a terrible crush on a Swedish guy who would tell me wonderful things about the country. Definately a worthy country to be proud and biased about..

• shikokuzen's Profile Photo
    Jan 26, 2006 at 3:04 PM

hi anna...love the water!!!! love the smile!!! enjoy it all!!!

• alemir82's Profile Photo
    Jan 13, 2006 at 4:32 PM

i don't speak any words of swedish coz i there i spoke just english with all my friends.what abt u? tell me more abt u......bye

Share your travels with the world!

Join Now!