"My home town" Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade by ruki

Belgrade Travel Guide: 2,313 reviews and 4,761 photos

Belgrade in the evening

The name Belgrade means the white city on English.
Well I don’t know is it really white but it’s my home town and I love it.
Belgrade has great and rich history. Many wars have been here but Belgrade always keeps its independency and unique charm. Many visitors are really surprise when come to visit Belgrade because they listen stories about wars, sanctions, NATO bombing …and then they have possibility to convince that it’s one really modern, pleasant and european city
Today Belgrade is capital of the Republic of Serbia, but it has been the capital of all versions of former Yugoslavia ( from Kingdom of Serbs, Croats and Slovenes in 1918; capital of Socialist Federative Republic of Yugoslavia, capital of Republic of Yugoslavia that lasted to 2003 and capital of SCG Serbia and Montenegro).

Belgrade is located in the south-east of Europe, in the Balkan Peninsula, at the confluence of the Sava and Danube rivers.
You will be surprised how many beautiful people (especially girls) walking on the streets, sitting around cafes... We are very hospitable people always happy to meet new one and have guests. Serbian speak English better then any of their East European neighbors.

Important Phone Numbers:
Belgrade dialing from abroad:+381 11
Police:92
Fire:93
Ambulance:94

Just come and enjoy in Belgrade's unique charm and hospitality because there are many reasons for it.

• Intro Updated Oct 10, 2010

• ranger49's Profile Photo
    Feb 2, 2014 at 9:32 AM

You have created a great page here Ruzica - I'll be back for another look, there is so much to take in. Do you know anything about the "Urban Incubator project" in Savamala/? I was told a bit about it by someone who has just been to Belgrade and found a website with some information. It looks like a very interesting project.

• ruki's Profile Photo
      Feb 11, 2014 at 6:22 AM

Hello, I dont know nothing about this project except that it is in cooperation with the University of Art Zurich. I hope that will refresh the old facade of Savamala

• Jim_Eliason's Profile Photo
    Jun 16, 2013 at 8:34 PM

Nice page

• y2ketan2007's Profile Photo
    Oct 12, 2012 at 11:18 AM

Belgrade seems so nice.Hope to visit it someday !

• Roadquill's Profile Photo
    Mar 21, 2011 at 9:24 PM

Nice page on your home town... karl

• Durfun's Profile Photo
    Jul 11, 2010 at 5:39 AM

Great insightful pages here :-) Thank you. Will help for my September visit :-)

• Andrew_W_K's Profile Photo
    Nov 24, 2009 at 5:58 AM

I'll check out your Belgrade pages before my next visit.

• planxty's Profile Photo
    May 30, 2009 at 8:00 AM

Ruzica, an excellent and very useful page. I particularly like the descriptions of the food, as I love to eat! I hope to visit soon. fergy.

• etfromnc's Profile Photo
    Apr 3, 2009 at 5:24 PM

I only spent parts of two days in your hometown but I saw enough to know that I want to return. I hope that you have a delightful birthday on Sunday!

• Agraichen's Profile Photo
    Dec 2, 2008 at 9:28 AM

GREAT pages on your city. It took me back to 1970 when I was fortunate enough to visit for a few days.

• May 1, 2008 at 9:50 AM

I must say that we were disappointed with the restaurants in Skadarlija. We first tried Dva Jelena. The decor was excellent. The service was awful. We then tried Ima Dana where the service was better but the decor was pedestrian and the food was sub-par.

ruki Lives Here!

ruki

“Sometimes we make war that we may live in peace.”

Badges & Stats in Belgrade

Have you been to Belgrade?

Latest Activity in Belgrade