"Climbing on powerful Durmitor" Top 5 Page for this destination Nacionalni Park Durmitor by ruki
Nacionalni Park Durmitor Travel Guide: 88 reviews and 188 photos
Durmitor is a paradise for hiking. It is decorated by beautiful landscapes, beautiful lakes, step rocks and peaks, a lot of flowers all around in summer.
Who one come to Durmitor it will be love at the first sight and will always come back.
For me it is one of the most powerful and most magnificent mountain.
For climbing on the Durmitor you must be in good shape and it is wonderful experience.
In this area there are 18 glacial lakes at heights over 1500 m:
01) Crno Jezero (1416m) (49m)
02) Veliko Skrcko Jezero (1686m) (17.2m)
03) Malo Skrcko Jezero (1711m) (15.2m)
04) Zeleni Vir (2028m) (2.5m)
05) Jablan Jezero (1791m) (8.5m)
06) Valovito jezero (1695m) (3.5m)
07) Vir u Lokvicama (1693m) (4m)
08) Srablje Jezero (1623m) (2.5m)
09) Modro Jezero (1609m) (3.3m)
10) Suva Lokva (1593m) (2.5m)
11) Zminje Jezero (1520m) (7.7m)
12) Barno Jezero (1489m) (2m)
13) Poscensko Jezero (1487) (3.6m)
14) Zabojsko Jezero (1477m) (18.8m)
15) Vrazje Jezero (1411m) (10.6m)
16) Riblje Jezero (1409m) (5.5m)
17) Zminicko Jezero (1285m) (3.8m)
18) Susicko Jezero (1150m) (5m)
Status: Durmitor is National Park since 1952. Area on UNESCO's list of the World natural heritage since 1980.
Area: 39.000 ha
Positoon: Northwest part of Montenegro
Altitude: from 500 m above sea level (River Tara- spring Nazdruc), up to 2.525 m (Bobotov Kuk)
Territory of the municipalities: Zabljak, Savnik, Pluzine, Pljevlja, Mojkovac
Strictly protected zones: Reserves: Mlinski Potok, Skrèko Lake with River Sušica canyon valley, Crna Poda, Barno Lake, Zabojska Lake and Tara River Canyon.
Climate: Mild-continental , sub mountain and mountain. (long cold wintersa and short and fresh summer).
Durmitor has impressive mountain peaks 48 of which are over 2000m (27 over 2200m)
The Highest peak of massif is Bobotov Kuk 2522m.
On Durmitor you can found many caves such as Ice Cave (ledena pecina) and cave on Vjetrena Brda.
- Pros:beautiful nature
- In a nutshell:I'll be coming back to climb - FOREVER
BUS You have bus from Podgorica, Niksic, Pljevlja and Mojkovac several times per day. CAR From Niksic – Savnik (47 km) –... more travel advice
The place Zabljak is situated in the nort-west of Montenegro, in the heart of the Durmitor, 1450 meters above see level,... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Nacionalni Park Durmitor Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Durmitor, Tara and Žabljak"
- "Climbing on powerful Durmitor"
- "national park durmitor"
- "High peaks and deep canyons"
- "Put your hiking talents to a test!"
- "Delightful Durmitor"
- "The Tara Gorge"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Hotels in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Transportation in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Nightlife in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- Restaurants in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
- 11 Reviews
- 24 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Nacionalni Park Durmitor?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Nacionalni Park Durmitor
Photos in Nacionalni Park DurmitorSee All Photos (24)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue