"Riga ? Latvia" Riga by ruki
Riga Travel Guide: 1,865 reviews and 5,383 photos
Riga is the largest city in the Baltic States. It is situated on the mouth of the Daugava river..Riga's historical center Old town -?Vecriga? has been declared a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the city is famous for its extensive Jugendstil (German Art Nouveau). After dissolution of the Soviet Union, Latvia become independent country in1991.
The old town has one of the most beautiful squares I have ever seen.
In the city there is not metro system, but public transportation is very good, where are operates a large number of trams, buses and trolleybuses. However you can go all around by foot.
Riga is very well connected with other Baltic States Estonia and Lithuania, and also have a good and cheap connection with Russia.
ruki's Related Pages
Riga Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "A Turbulent Past Left Behind?"
- "A liveable city"
- "A few days in Riga"
- "Riga - biggest town in Baltic States"
- "Riga - the capital of Latvia"
- "Riga Latvia"
- "ART NOUVEAU RIGA!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riga
- Hotels in Riga
- Transportation in Riga
- Nightlife in Riga
- Restaurants in Riga
- Shopping in Riga
- Warnings and Dangers in Riga
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riga
- 0 Reviews
- 3 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Riga?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riga
Photos in RigaSee All Photos (3)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue