"Hvar, Croatia" Otok Hvar by ruki
Otok Hvar Travel Guide: 4 reviews and 19 photos
When we think of Hvar - we think about the island of heather, sunshine and crickets, the island of lavender, sage and wine and the island of rosemary and secluded coves.
Attractive in the summer just as in the winter, with pleasant Mediterranean climate, rich vegetation of palms, aloes, pine trees, laurel, rosemary and lavender and peaceful coves and islets filled with a multitude of pleasant scents.
How to reach Island Hvar?
if you don't have your own boat you should travel from Split, Drvenik, Ancona or Pescara by ferries or catamarans. This is the only way to come to the island wether you come to Croatia by car, train or plane. We listed timetables for some departures and arrivals to Island Hvar.
Stari Grad is the collective name for several small towns which grew and were later abandoned at the same place. It is located at the end of a bay on the northern side of the Island.
A thousand years long history of the Town has left many monuments in the urban structure of the Town. Stari Grad (Faros) is historical heart of the island Hvar, ancient Pharos.
The island is characterised by gentle winters, warm summers and many hours of sunshine, Gentle and moist winters (January Hvar has an average temperature of 8.4° C) have many advantages, long other things enabling winter tourism in Hvar.
ruki's Related Pages
Otok Hvar Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Hvar Island- Pearl of Adriatic Sea"
- "Hvar, Croatia"
- "place to rest and recharge"
- "Ostern auf HVAR 2005"
- "The Island of Hvar - heaven on earth"
- "'otok hvar'"
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Otok Hvar
- 1 Reviews
- 4 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 1 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Otok Hvar?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Otok Hvar
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue