"Cinque Terre - Manarola" Manarola by ruki
Manarola Travel Guide: 185 reviews and 518 photos
It was a really refreshment and pleasure to see amazing Cinque Terre. All five villages are under the protection of UNESCO since 1997 and the villages are very old and their history dates back to the 11 century
There are 5 fishing villages deep in the rocks by the sea in Liguria. In this area there are 11 km of rocky coastlines abounding with bays, beaches and deep sea. The best way to visit the five land, is on foot and there are marked blue paths between villages.
You need to walk:
Riomaggiore - Manarola:1,0 km. Completion time: 25 min.
Manarola - Corniglia:2,8 km. Completion time: h 1,00.
Corniglia - Vernazza:3,4 km. Completion time: h 1,45.
Vernazza - Monterosso:3,8 km. Completion time: h 2,00.
If you want to walk on the blue path you must to pay a ticket (daily) of 5 EUR per person.
Manarola is the second Cinque terre (village). It is have an easy vineyard walk. From Riomaggiore you will have about 1 km of walk to Manarola with famouse Via dell Amore. Attached to the train station by a 200 meters tunnel, Manarola spills down a ravine to the wild coastline at the Ligurian sea. Manarola has tiny harbor and the town's swimming area but it is not real beach. In the town there is a little square known as Piazza Capellini. It is new square from 2004 which offers the residents and guests a fun place. Like other villages Manarola is full of narrow stone streets and steps and colored houses. The primary industries have traditionally been fishing and wine making.
Manarola has church San Lorenzo from 1338. There is local dialect called Manorolese which is marginally different from the dialects in this area.
To see another Cinque terre go:
- Pros:beautiful views from the coast and the sea
It is located on the same square of the church San Lorenzo. This oratory is from XV century and it is bell tower of the... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Manarola Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Manarola cinque terre"
- "The Cinque Terra"
- "Manarola - on the Cinque Terre"
- "Tiny town but big ambience"
- "A charm all of its own"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Manarola
- Hotels in Manarola
- Transportation in Manarola
- Nightlife in Manarola
- Restaurants in Manarola
- Shopping in Manarola
- Warnings and Dangers in Manarola
- See All...
Explore the World
Badges & Stats in Manarola
- 2 Reviews
- 10 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Manarola?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Manarola
Photos in ManarolaSee All Photos (10)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue
Latest Manarola hotel reviews
- Hotel Ca D'Andrean Manarola
- 47 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Apr 7, 2013
- B&B and Apartments Da Baranin
- 95 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 2, 2013
- Ostello Cinque Terre
- 69 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Nov 11, 2012
- La Torretta
- 280 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 11, 2013
- 133 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 5, 2013
- Hotel Marina Piccola
- 77 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 9, 2013
- Casa Capellini
- 67 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 17, 2013
- Aria di Mare
- 117 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: May 7, 2013
- Alla Porta Rossa
- 151 Reviews & Opinions
Latest: Mar 20, 2013