"P A L E R M O!!!!!!!" Palermo by ruki
Palermo Travel Guide: 561 reviews and 1,593 photos
The province of Palermo comprises eighty-two cities, many of which boasting a remarkable historical, cultural or naturalistic importance. Palermo, the Sicilian capital city, is a major tourist destination, dotted with plenty of amazing monuments such as the Cathedral, the Chiesa della Martorana, the Norman and the Zisa Palaces and a beautiful historic centre that in July hosts the famous Feast of St. Rosalie. Visitors may enjoy spots of folkloristic interest as well, like the Vucciria, a highly picturesque city market, and the Museo dei Pupi, founded some thirty years ago, dedicated to the traditional Sicilian puppet theatre, drawing tourists from around the world.
The Second World War bombings and an earthquake in 1968 produced catastrophic effects on Palermo, which, nonetheless, soon managed to regain its former splendor.
The streets are charming but many are rusty. Polulations in Palermo is about 2.2 milinons.
Sfero Cavalo is about 6 km from Palermo. It is suburb of Palermo with beautiful gulf, full alloas trees, cypress and... more travel advice
Cefalu is beautiful place for holiday. Just about 40 minutes from Palermo. There you have narrow streets, beautiful... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Palermo Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Palermo - My Home Town"
- "Capital of Arabic, Norman and Spanish Sicily"
- "Palermo, past and present"
- "Palermo, caput mundo di Sicilia..."
- "Sicilian capital on the up"
- "P A L E R M O!!!!!!!"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Palermo
- Hotels in Palermo
- Transportation in Palermo
- Nightlife in Palermo
- Restaurants in Palermo
- Shopping in Palermo
- Warnings and Dangers in Palermo
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Palermo
- 14 Reviews
- 17 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 2 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Palermo?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Palermo
Photos in PalermoSee All Photos (17)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue