"The ancient city - POMPEI" Pompeii by ruki
Pompeii Travel Guide: 980 reviews and 2,702 photos
When you come to visit Pompeii it is recommended to go on spring or in autumn, because the heat. This ancient city is adorable and there are lot of to see. I was suppressed how it is saved after Vesuvius eruptions. The city provide some of the most valuable evidence of the past which has been handed down to us.
Today all we can see of Pompeii are ruins. But the ruins tell us many things about the ancient world. The disaster that destroyed the city of Pompeii in 79 AD preserved forever a treasury of the past. Careful excavation and exploration of the ruins continues to add to our knowledge of ancient Roman times.
On August 23, 79 AD, Pompeii looked like any other busy, prosperous city. People were moving about, trading goods, news, and friendly talk.
Three days later, on August 26, all of these sounds had fallen silent, and the place itself had vanished. Almost nothing was seen of Pompeii for more than 1500 years. Now, more than 1900 years later, we are learning more and more about the last days of Pompeii.
Some of the most fascinating clues about the lives of the ancient peoples who made their lives in Pompeii can be found... more travel advice
The tomb of Vestoria Prisco Is located just inside of the Vesuvio Gate. Beautiful frescoes such as these line the inside... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Pompeii Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "The wonderful Roman town of Pompei"
- "The Dead City"
- "Striding across Pompei"
- "Frozen in time"
- "The Uncovered City"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Pompeii
- Hotels in Pompeii
- Transportation in Pompeii
- Nightlife in Pompeii
- Restaurants in Pompeii
- Shopping in Pompeii
- Warnings and Dangers in Pompeii
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Pompeii
- 8 Reviews
- 12 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 5 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Pompeii?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Pompeii
Photos in PompeiiSee All Photos (12)
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue