"Cinque Terre - Riomaggiore" Top 5 Page for this destination Riomaggiore by ruki
Riomaggiore Travel Guide: 291 reviews and 941 photos
About Cinque Terre
It was a really refreshment and pleasure to see amazing Cinque Terre. All five villages are under the protection of UNESCO since 1997 and the villages are very old and their history dates back to the 11 century
There are 5 fishing villages deep in the rocks by the sea in Liguria. In this area there are 11 km of rocky coastlines abounding with bays, beaches and deep sea. The best way to visit the five land, is on foot and there are marked blue paths between villages. You need to walk:
Riomaggiore - Manarola:1,0 km. Completion time: 25 min.
Manarola - Corniglia:2,8 km. Completion time: h 1,00.
Corniglia - Vernazza:3,4 km. Completion time: h 1,45.
Vernazza - Monterosso:3,8 km. Completion time: h 2,00.
If you want to walk on the blue path you must to pay a ticket (daily) of 5 EUR per person.
If you coming from the north, Riomaggiore is the last village and from the south (La Spezia) it will be the first village you come to. The village can be reached by rail, road and sea.
This village dates from the early 13th century and it's full of narrow streets, steep stairs and old colored houses. In the central lands there are all vine yards, producing a good vine. In the high part of the village there is the parish church of San Giovanni Battista built in the 1340 and the ruins of the XV-XVI century castle.”Rivus Major” is the ancient name of the biggest river which crossed the Riomaggiore.
This village is connected with Manarola with unforgettable “Via dell Amore” - the most famous path of Cinque Terre. This is the most popular path but also be prepared for the crowd especially in the summer.
To see another Cinque terre click:
- Pros:very relaxing to walk around, with incredible views
- Cons:everything is very exspensive
It is hostel, so you can not expect some comfort for your stay. Recommend it for young people. The furniture in the... more travel advice
When you stayed in Italian Hotel you will get usually some slice of bread and croissant, butter jam and coffee. Orange... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Riomaggiore Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Life in the Cinque Terre"
- "The First Village of the Cinque Terre"
- "Riomaggiore - it's all about love...."
- "Cinque Terre - Riomaggiore"
- "5 Terre"
- "Le Cinque Terre"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Riomaggiore
- Hotels in Riomaggiore
- Transportation in Riomaggiore
- Nightlife in Riomaggiore
- Restaurants in Riomaggiore
- Shopping in Riomaggiore
- Warnings and Dangers in Riomaggiore
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Riomaggiore
- 15 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 0 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (8)
Have you been to Riomaggiore?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Riomaggiore
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue