"European town" Strasbourg by ruki
Strasbourg Travel Guide: 955 reviews and 2,886 photos
Strasbourg is a lovely town in Alsace only 4 hours from Paris. When you walk on the old town you have a feeling that you in middle ages and that time is stop. All around are half-timber houses. Alsace is the French province famous for its charming villages, its enchanting forests, and above all, its cuisine and white wine.
Strasbourg history has been under strong cultural influence of Germany and gives a city distinctive charm of the old part of the city (Le Petite France).
Strasbourg is mix of new and old. It is European capital with European Parliament, Council of Europe ...... And finally Strasbourg is a city with a large student population which gives a city a consistent liveliness. It has one of the oldest European universities.
For me the most beautiful are channels which encircle the center. It is something like French Venice..
You must try their sauerkraut but for me the best part are chocolate stores all around. They are excellent.
money or credit card (Strasbourg is expensive city) comfortable shoes for long walking an umbrella because of rain... more travel advice
ARTE is a European public service cultural television channel. Its originality is in the fact that it targets audiences... more travel advice
ruki's Related Pages
Strasbourg Travel Guide
Member Travel Pages
- "Marchés de Noël in Strasbourg"
- "WHICH COUNTRY DO I BELONG TO!"
- "weekend in Strasbourg"
- "Strasbourg - At the crossroads of Europe"
- "The Best of Both Worlds"
- "First stop Strasbourg......"
- "European town"
- See All...
- Things to Do in Strasbourg
- Hotels in Strasbourg
- Transportation in Strasbourg
- Nightlife in Strasbourg
- Restaurants in Strasbourg
- Shopping in Strasbourg
- Warnings and Dangers in Strasbourg
- See All...
Badges & Stats in Strasbourg
- 20 Reviews
- 26 Photos
- 0 Forum posts
- 3 Comments
- See All Stats
- See All Badges (9)
Have you been to Strasbourg?Share Your Travels
Latest Activity in Strasbourg
Top 10 Pages
- Top 5 Page for this destination Belgrade Intro, 61 reviews, 66 photos, 1 travelogue
- Rome Intro, 36 reviews, 52 photos, 2 travelogues
- Top 5 Page for this destination Naples Intro, 31 reviews, 46 photos, 2 travelogues
- Paris Intro, 29 reviews, 32 photos
- Vienna Intro, 24 reviews, 35 photos, 1 travelogue
- Madrid Intro, 24 reviews, 27 photos
- Kotor Intro, 18 reviews, 29 photos, 1 travelogue
- Lisbon Intro, 19 reviews, 27 photos
- Strasbourg Intro, 20 reviews, 26 photos
- Stockholm Intro, 15 reviews, 27 photos, 1 travelogue